FTA Virgin

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

grantsa4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Naperville, IL
OK, so I have read up about a few FTA receivers and have been looking at some of the Fortecstar video's and was wondering if anyone could help with the following questions :

For a first time FTA user what receiver/dish would you recommend?

How easy is it to install a dish?

grantsa4 said:
For a first time FTA user what receiver/dish would you recommend?
Our advertizers have some attractive packages.
They combine most of the required items (some you might overlook), at a discounted price.

But it's up to you to decide if you're a penny-pincher, or have a bit more to spend...
If you want blind-scan capability to look for wild feeds, or will be happy on one (or a few) satellites.
There are some nice two-LNB packages for two (popular) satellite-watching, or you can get motorized.
Do you have lofty goals like hi def and built-in video recorders?

grantsa4 said:
How easy is it to install a dish?
Just take a read of this forum
Acquaint yourself with some of the post for the last couple of months.
Beginners with all sorts of questions from the most trivial to the most complex, have been getting helped.
You're just as important.

Might take a check above at the sticky threads.

See the little advertizer banners at the top of every page?
Click on 'em for more info.
We don't just recommend them because they advertize here, but because they give good deals.
Tell 'em you are a member, and heard about 'em -here-. :)

I know Sadoun, SatelliteAV, and GoSatellite all offer numerous package deals.
Invacom and FortecStar are manufacturers and importers, not dealers.
DishStore is very useful in Dish (Echostar) related equipment, but not an FTA dealer.
The others - I just don't know...

Pick some configurations (packages, if they suit you), post back here with what you think your needs are, and I'm sure someone will be happy to discuss every aspect with you. ;)

edit - You might also check the review section above, and acquaint yourself with:
Coolsat 8000 HD receiver (over $400)
Coolsat 5000 (quite popular with many of the users)
Pansat 3500 SD
Fortec Star Mercury II

Last edited:
Installing is not hard. It's just a bit time consuming, especially the first go round, since you need to line up azimuth, elevation, and skew... If you get a motor, it's a lot easier, since the motor adjusts the skew, but if you just plan on watching one satellite, going without motor won't be too hard.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts