FTA with Dish Network Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
Will a FTA receiver pick up any channels if you hook it to the Dishnetwork/Directv cable from the dish? FTA channels that would happen to be on the same satellite that dishnetwork uses. Or could the actual dishnetwork dish be moved to another location of a FTA satellite? I heard one time that it would pick up some of the channels from Dishnetwork that they don't scramble. :confused:

You would have to also remove any/all switches to get the above In The Clear channels!

Also DishPro LNB's will not work.

actually Pete Dish Pro will work. Easiest way to use it is have a blind scan box to get the right frequencies.

I took my old Pansat 1500 to the lake house and was able to get the free stuff on 119 (audio channels, NASA, Angel One) with our Dish500....but a blind scan was the easiest. It takes the H frequencies and stacks them on the V so you get oddball frequencies :)

I have sucessfully hooked up a FTA box a while ago to my dishpro switch before I got into FTA and got my own setup I helped a friend troubleshoot his setup (check receiver was working properly) when things went haywire for him. I had DP LNB's and DPP44 and DP34 switch at the time.

I know there is a thread here somewhere from a few months back on it, but I can't seem to find it. Iceberg gave me lots of assistance in troubleshooting the receiver on my dish setup as I didn't have fta setup at the time

Edit:

Found the thread
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=52118&highlight=coolsat

Last edited:
Since it gives the wrong Freq...... I still think its a good idea to tell new users that it will not work.(Easily). Best to use a legacy or DirecTV LNB if you can get them!
VERY familiar with stacked LNB's Use them EVERYDAY :)

The great thing about stacked, you could probably run a 2nd box off the "slave" port and get both polarities on it.

Good point Pepper. Now I would have never thought of that, but you are right. One could do that!

With stacked frequencies, up-to-date cable (2.2 Ghz sweep test or higher) and switches/connectors/ground blocks capable of at least 2.2 Ghz are necessary, as the signal path must support the stacked frequencies :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)