Fta?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

suzzie

Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Im trying to get white springs tv from Galaxy 27 at 129W. im haveing no luck so i try to scan other sats for true fta and i only find 4 stations of onPPV from what i think is echo8.10. i know this is not true fta but is the only thing that comes in.im useing a Fortec ultra with a 33 inch whinguard dish with a universal lnb. i scan whith the sat info already in the reciever from factory and can;t find any fta at all. i get very little change in scale of sat meter also. any sugestions would be appreciated

If you getting some of the stuff off echo 10, you are too far east, you need to point more west.
I assume you mean you are getting ppv preview channels, not actual ppv movies. I am not sure what is ITC on echo sats anymore, but if you are getting ppv movies, you have illegal software on the box.

Is your setup motorized?

the ppv is only previews, im useing the factory software. thats all i get anywere. i can only scan from 119w to around 140w due to trees. i try galaxy 10r at 123w, galaxy23 at 121w, galaxy27 (T-7) which is the sat with white springs tv. and i do not get the first fta channel but i do get the ppv previews channels so that makes me think that the thing is working.do you know of any other sats in the area that i can scan that i can try? and no im not motorized

If you are not motrized, you have to move the dish by hand to point it at the other says.

just cause you can change sats in the receiver doesn't mean you are getting signal from those sats.

laff. Nah, I had to read it twice also.

Nothing against ya suzzie, but your posts kind of run togther. :)

first of all i know that the dish has to be aimed at the satilite that im trying to scan,Duh! absolutly no help here
suzzie

well if you want help maybe if you gave us your location then we can verify the dish elevation is correct (which I will hazard a guess and say its not)

Bring up T7 (IA7, G27 whatever your box shows)...by the way what receiver is it? Each box has different menus so unless we are told that its hard to figure out.

Is the LNB truly a Universal? What numbers are on it?

Little hard to help when we weren't given much info :)

first of all i know that the dish has to be aimed at the satilite that im trying to scan,Duh! absolutly no help here
suzzie

Ok, uh, I was merely saying that since you are getting ppv previews off an echo sat, then obviously, you are not aimed at 129w and needed to re-aim your dish manually more to the west. Unless the 129 echo sat has ppv previews now (if it does that is news to me)

Also, like iceberg said, and this escaped me at first is you said you are getting echo sats stuff, which are Circular in polarization. 129 and almost all other fta sats are Linear in polarization.
So... that tells me you do not have a universal LNB, universal LNB's are linear and will not pickup the main echo sats. However, I am not aware if there is any PPV preview stuff on the couple linear dish satellites.

As for being no help here, I think you will VERY HARD PRESSED to find a forum and site more dedicated and knowledgable to assist in LEGAL fta stuff. I am not implying you are hacking, but there are many hacking sites out there who will not be as helpful with legal stuff.

SatinKzo - Just to clarify, it is possible to get echo sats with a linear lnbf. Given the signal strength coming from those birds, I've received blindscan hits from those sats using a standard linear lnbf without realizing that I was hitting them instead of the correct sat. Also, there is at least one bird out there on the linear/fta side of things (non echo) that provide some channels that appear to be ppv previews (I think they may be preview channels for comcast?) I've never checked them out much, but do recall them showing up (and being labeled as such). However, I doubt either of the caveats that I've introduced above have anything to do with the issue at hand.

well if you want help maybe if you gave us your location then we can verify the dish elevation is correct (which I will hazard a guess and say its not)

Bring up T7 (IA7, G27 whatever your box shows)...by the way what receiver is it? Each box has different menus so unless we are told that its hard to figure out.

Is the LNB truly a Universal? What numbers are on it?

Little hard to help when we weren't given much info :)
iceburg, IF YOU READ MY FIRST POST YOU WILL SEE I LEFT ALL THE INFO ON MY EQUIPMENT, suzzie

Ok, uh, I was merely saying that since you are getting ppv previews off an echo sat, then obviously, you are not aimed at 129w and needed to re-aim your dish manually more to the west. Unless the 129 echo sat has ppv previews now (if it does that is news to me)

Also, like iceberg said, and this escaped me at first is you said you are getting echo sats stuff, which are Circular in polarization. 129 and almost all other fta sats are Linear in polarization.
So... that tells me you do not have a universal LNB, universal LNB's are linear and will not pickup the main echo sats. However, I am not aware if there is any PPV preview stuff on the couple linear dish satellites.

As for being no help here, I think you will VERY HARD PRESSED to find
a forum and site more dedicated and knowledgable to assist in LEGAL fta stuff. I am not implying you are hacking, but there are many hacking sites out there who will not be as helpful with legal stuff.
Im not hacking like you seem to think i am and i said in my first post that i am useing a universal lnb. Im scanning sats from 110w - 140w with an universal lnb and the only thing it gets are ppv advertisment. even if you don't know its possible , no true fta. do you have true fta or are you hacking? if so what sats are you useing?
suzzie

suzzie calm down. No one is accusing you of anything. I plainly stated that you are NOT hacking, nor do I think you are. What I said was you have a hard time IMO finding a site like this for assistance that is not a hack oreiented site. An even then, most of the hackers are not versed in non-hack stuff.

I am not following how a universal LNB (linear) is getting a ppv advertisement from a Circular polarized sat. Maybe I am missing something or maybe one of the sats dish has now had ppv ads on one of their linear birds. Lumpkin says it's possible with a linear LNB, but I don't get anything like you are reporting off the linear side of my QPH-031 so that is why I was having a hard time understanding how you got them. If lumpkin is reporting it, then I stand corrected. As he states, were the PPV's from dish or another Provider like onDemand/inDemand for cable companies?

As for my setup, I have a motorized setup, 90cm dish, Invacom QPH-031 LNB, sg2100 motor and a conaxsat Trio receiver. No, I am not hacking anything.

I apologize if I upset you, but I don't think I worded anything harshly or derogatory. At this point though, I am just not inclined to put much effort into attempting to help you anymore

Hey suzzie have you been out in this 100+degree heat today?? Makes it hard to play with dishes, even for me. I hope you are remembering to lower your dish elevation just a bit as you go west from the DN satellite, it prob won't be a lot but might be enough to make you miss your target sat completely.
It's hard to do without a meter but it can be done. You may also want to store some active freqencies on the sats in between the one you have hit, and the one you want, to help you pinpoint as you go west.
And yes-it is possible to scan/store circular with a linear lnbf, I did it before just for an experiment. On my viewsat, it stored a bunch on channels that, according to lyngsat were in the 12400 freq range, all scrambled. (But when it stored them, it was showing strange freq readings on the channel-list, like over 13500 mhz). Seems like about 50-60channels showed up in the list, so it must've only hit a few transponders somehow.

Last edited:
Just for kicks, I am scanned 129w (echo 5) with my cnx off the linear side of my QPH-031. I set it to scan only 12200 to 12700. I didn't get anything back.

I am in the process of trying 110, 119 and 121 to see what I get. I am going to scan them all linear. I have never gotten a C bird to show up in my L setup except 1 time when it was right at the crossover on 91w (bell sat) when I scanned Galaxy 11 and got a freq slightly above 12200.

suzzie, if you can tell us what PPV ad loop you are seeing, then if I can find the one you are seeing, I can determine what you are grabbing. You mention echo 8 I beleive in your original post.

edit:
before someone corrects me. I know 121 is linear and I am wondering if that is what suzzie is grabbing, but I don't recall any ppv stuff on there.

turbo,

When you logged the channels, were they viewable somewhat or just garbage or black?
I find it interesting as other than the one time, I have never run into this and I wouldn't think it would occur easily. Does the sats relation to your TS (skew of the lnb then) have anything to do with how a linear lnb grabs a circular signal?

Last edited:
Satin, it was just a bunch of black screens, but showed good signal strength on the ones it logged in, with the 'confused' frequency, and what I figured must've been proper PIDS and symbol rates for SD channels. Don't recall hitting any preview channels at all. It would show the freq for each channel at something like 13760 lol which I know was way off.
I think in order to have it find anything I was setting the LO at 10600 instead of 10750 on my linear and I just scanned Echo 119 or 110 as 'vertical'

Didn't mean to get off track here, we better get back to helping suzzie.

iceburg, IF YOU READ MY FIRST POST YOU WILL SEE I LEFT ALL THE INFO ON MY EQUIPMENT, suzzie

its Iceberg with and e and chill homes. No need to hollar. Yes you have a Fortec Ultra which I missed but as for the LNB how do we know its a universal? Unless there are some numbers on it proving otherwise, I don't believe anything a box says. I had a "Universal" (box said it) but it was a standard. Also you didnt post your general area so we can verify the dish elevation, where it should be aimed and skew on the LNB. If the LNB isnt skewed you'll be aiming for hours because the signal won't come in.

Anywho..in the menu setup select IA7/T7/G27 and for LNB Type select Universal 1. I Think its the first option on the menu (LNB Type). Make sure you have an active transponder for White Springs TV (its posted in the "I need a strong transponder to aim my dish" thread) and slowly move the dish until the quality meter moves. Signal strength doesn't mean anything. Its quality that counts. If you think you are in the right area, do a smart scan and see what channels come up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)