FTC response to Dish HDlite complaint

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ravensong

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
Following GoalieBobs lead with his stop HDlite campaign, I filed a complaint with the FTC using the form linked thru his website.

Here is the FTC's response

COMPLAINT@ftc.gov to me
More options 1:23 pm (3 hours ago)

Thank you for visiting the FTC's web page and for using our NEW electronic Talk To Us form. Here's what happened to your information after you sent it to us:
One of our consumer counselors reviewed the information you sent us. If it was related to the FTC's law enforcement responsibilities, we entered it into our shared law enforcement data system. We share this data system with law enforcement agencies throughout the United States and Canada. Attached is your electronic response, which includes your reference number. Any enclosures can be found at www.FTC.GOV under the News Releases, Publications, Speeches option.
Information from consumers like you helps Federal, State and Local authorities investigate possible illegal practices and enforce our laws. Someone from the Federal Trade Commission or another law enforcement agency may contact you if they need additional information to help them in an investigation.
Thank you for using our Talk To Us form, and please continue to use the FTC's web page, www.ftc.gov, to get free information to help you avoid costly consumer problems.

And here is the attachment with thier response:
January 27, 2006

Roger **********

Re: FTC Ref. No. 7541848

Dear Roger Herkelmann:

This is in response to your recent complaint. The Federal Trade Commission acts in the public interest to prevent unfair and deceptive practices in the marketplace. Letters such as yours help us monitor activities and identify problem areas.

The Commission does not resolve individual complaints. However, the information you have provided concerning the practices of the company will be considered to determine what, if any, action should be taken by the Federal Trade Commission in the public interest.

Again, thank you for bringing your experience to our attention.

Sincerely yours,

Consumer Response Center

If they get enough of these type complaints, maybe they will actually do something about this. At least making them stop calling it what it ain't!

:mad:

riffjim4069 said:
I filed an online complaint several days ago (maybe a week)...still waiting for a reply. How long was it before you received yours? Perhaps they are inundated with HD-Lite complaints.:up

Only about 2-3 days ago I think.

Reefer123 said:
Funny thing is if you notice it they are starting to call it DishHD. So thats not calling it true HD just DISH's version of HD.

But on their phantom HD web page that was up a few days ago, they did indeed make several references to "True HD".

Voom channels due to a fiber back haul problem that they say will be rectified in the next 5 months. Then Voom will be back up in true hd and not 1280 x 1080i.

MikeD-C05 said:
Voom channels due to a fiber back haul problem that they say will be rectified in the next 5 months. Then Voom will be back up in true hd and not 1280 x 1080i.

Being in the telecomm business, it doesn't take 5 months to light up a fiber to carry the Voom stuff ... usual turn around times on that kind of stuff is 3-6 weeks. The equipment is already on premises it's just a matter of building out the new capacity.

Cheers

pdxsam said:
Being in the telecomm business, it doesn't take 5 months to light up a fiber to carry the Voom stuff ... usual turn around times on that kind of stuff is 3-6 weeks. The equipment is already on premises it's just a matter of building out the new capacity.

Cheers

We are talking about Cheap Charlie Ergen and Dishnetwork satellite business . All bets are off when you talk about the combination of the two. Besides this explanation was told to many here through Scott when he was at CES and on the other dbs websites .

Believe it or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)