FUBO subs - question

PortlandChris

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Portland, OR
Hey FUBO subs, I am considering all options, but wanted to ask this question -

Everything I read says Pac 12 Network national channel is included from in the base package, and the regionals in the sports package. Is this really true?

I am in the 7 day trial and this channel is not showing. I can use the credentials to access Pac 12 now, but its now showing. And the channel lists on the website no longer show Pac 12 in the regular plan.

Thanks

Hey FUBO subs, I am considering all options, but wanted to ask this question -

Everything I read says Pac 12 Network national channel is included from in the base package, and the regionals in the sports package. Is this really true?

I am in the 7 day trial and this channel is not showing. I can use the credentials to access Pac 12 now, but its now showing. And the channel lists on the website no longer show Pac 12 in the regular plan.

Thanks

Pac-12 is in the Ultra
package for $84.99 a month which includes all the add ons
if you have the base plan ($64.99)you can add
Sports Plus with NFL RedZone
$10.99/mo which includes Pac-12 or
fubo Extra
$5.99/mo which includes a bunch of cable channels, some more sports channels including Pac-12 but no NFL

Thanks.

I am smack in Pac 12 country, and I should be included.....and yet it says I need the Extra package for these channels OR the sports package. I figured out how to review this and yes it says Pac 12 National and Pac 12 Oregon and 45 other channels for another $5.99 So not too bad. Or for $10.99 it is also in sports package.

But I also see in this trial no CNN/TNT/TBS, so a hit on basketball and the NCAA tournament if this happens.

Now if ABC is added this would be solid.

Put your zip code in on this page and see what it tells you about what package Pac12 is in now. They changed things around quite a bit since they got the Disney/ESPN channels.

Note no Fox Sports RSNs with Fubo, if you need those where you live.

No Fox Sports here....NBC Sports Northwest (for Blazers) and Root Sports (for Mariners). No one carries Root except Comcast, Directv, and DISH. Very lacking in anyone else carrying. Root does carry the Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders soccer though. I am not a Mariners fan and the soccer is something I'd like, but can live without.

Another question - can you add the Sports package for a day? Move up and drop back down again? Or is there a limited amount of time you must have it - with DISH if you do that they fine you $5.

No Fox Sports here....NBC Sports Northwest (for Blazers) and Root Sports (for Mariners). No one carries Root except Comcast, Directv, and DISH. Very lacking in anyone else carrying. Root does carry the Portland Timbers and Seattle Sounders soccer though. I am not a Mariners fan and the soccer is something I'd like, but can live without.

Another question - can you add the Sports package for a day? Move up and drop back down again? Or is there a limited amount of time you must have it - with DISH if you do that they fine you $5.
As with most streaming services (and unlike most traditional TV providers), it's strictly pay for a month in advance, no pro-rated refunds for a partial month of service. You get charged immediately when you add programming up to your regular billing date. If you cancel before your regular billing date, then that's all you pay. I added the "Adventure" pack for a month last year because there was something I wanted to watch on MAV-TV and cancelled before my next billing date. So think in terms of paying for a partial month in advance, then cancelling before getting billed for the next full month, but the added programming will remain available until the new billing period starts.

So two questions:

1. Do I pay for an entire month for a channel package, regardless of when I sign up that month? For example, add Showtime on Sept 15, so I pay for a pro-rated month or the whole month?

2. So hypothetically if i pay $5.99 for the Extra pack - and then mid month want to take the Sports Pack at $10.99, but take off the Extra pack at the same time, do I get any credit for pulling the Extra pack off? Reason I ask is some of the Extra Pack and Sports Pack channels are the same, so for me, I do not need both. I just need one or the other. But i sure don't need to double encumber for the same channels.

As with most streaming services (and unlike most traditional TV providers), it's strictly pay for a month in advance, no pro-rated refunds for a partial month of service. You get charged immediately when you add programming up to your regular billing date. If you cancel before your regular billing date, then that's all you pay. I added the "Adventure" pack for a month last year because there was something I wanted to watch on MAV-TV and cancelled before my next billing date. So think in terms of paying for a partial month in advance, then cancelling before getting billed for the next full month, but the added programming will remain available until the new billing period starts.

1) If you add a package in the middle of a billing cycle, you get charged immediately a pro-rated amount up until your regular billing cycle begins.

2) No. Like I said it's pay-in-advance, if you cancel before the regular billing cycle begins you won't be charged going forward but the pro-rated amount paid won't be refunded and the package will remain available until the new billing period starts.

NOTE: I just noticed you said you're in the free trial. Things may be different then. I remember when I was on the free trial I added and dropped SHOWTIME before the trial was over and wasn't charged anything for it, so unless they changed things you MIGHT have some room to play around.

Thanks. Ultimately I determined FUBO is not for me right now:
1. No local ABC.
2. Local CBS was just pulled during my free trial.
3. No TBS/TNT (CNN can live without), but a lot of basketball on TBS/TNT
4. Was led to believe Pac 12 was in lowest tier, its not. Not a deal breaker, but the gaps in coverage of the others firms this up.

It is an option, but I found FUBO to be ok. Not quite meeting my needs. Maybe in time it is an option if FUBO cleans up it's major gaps.

1) If you add a package in the middle of a billing cycle, you get charged immediately a pro-rated amount up until your regular billing cycle begins.

2) No. Like I said it's pay-in-advance, if you cancel before the regular billing cycle begins you won't be charged going forward but the pro-rated amount paid won't be refunded and the package will remain available until the new billing period starts.

NOTE: I just noticed you said you're in the free trial. Things may be different then. I remember when I was on the free trial I added and dropped SHOWTIME before the trial was over and wasn't charged anything for it, so unless they changed things you MIGHT have some room to play around.

Thanks. Ultimately I determined FUBO is not for me right now:
1. No local ABC.
2. Local CBS was just pulled during my free trial.
3. No TBS/TNT (CNN can live without), but a lot of basketball on TBS/TNT
4. Was led to believe Pac 12 was in lowest tier, its not. Not a deal breaker, but the gaps in coverage of the others firms this up.

It is an option, but I found FUBO to be ok. Not quite meeting my needs. Maybe in time it is an option if FUBO cleans up it's major gaps.

What provider then offers your needs for programming?

Comcast. Sling & Vigo ihave Pac 12 if I stream my own locals. I have an antenna and it works. No DVR, but that's something to work on too.

Hulu, Youtube if I want to pass on Pac 12.

FUBO is not bad, needs to clean up the TBS/TNT thing and then its almost there.

Comcast. Sling & Vigo ihave Pac 12 if I stream my own locals. I have an antenna and it works. No DVR, but that's something to work on too.

Hulu, Youtube if I want to pass on Pac 12.

FUBO is not bad, needs to clean up the TBS/TNT thing and then its almost there.

Comcast pricing here ( Mich) is pretty good if you bundle, about the same as what I pay for YTTV and internet separately, and you do not have to pay a box fee(s) if you use their live TV app on a Roku.

I would not trust Sling (Dish), they have a record of too many dispute, but at least you will not have a contract.

Virgo, like FuboTV I do not believe will last not much longer, both of them are having growth issues, YTTV and Hulu seem to have the market covered for Live OTT service.

I have DISH now and have for about 15 years (except for 4 years in the middle with Directv). DISH has the best equipment, hands down. It's something to consider. But as you noted Comcast pricing has become surprisingly competitive IF you bundle. Right now I have Comcast internet- and the price on the internet side is going up significantly - if I add TV its not too bad, but you must rent the equipment. And then Comcast plays games on the fee disclosure (Broadcast TV fee, RSN fee, HD technology fee. etc)

Right on Comcast equipment, you can stream right to the Roku, etc. Problem there is Comcast has a 20 GB cloud DVR. That's absolute junk.

I do not believe FUBO is going anywhere, they are doing an IPO and Disney has a stake in them now. Vidgo, no idea. In the end I think FUBO survives. People want sports and locals. FUBO largely gives them that. Hulu will survive because it bundles with its streaming package (and, for now tie in with Sprint - but TMobile absorbed Sprint, so how this impacts long term remains to be seen), and Youtube TV. I tried Hulu and was not a fan, found audio/video sync issues. But one channel I do not is Pac 12 Network and few have that. Maybe no worry now with little sports.

Comcast pricing here ( Mich) is pretty good if you bundle, about the same as what I pay for YTTV and internet separately, and you do not have to pay a box fee(s) if you use their live TV app on a Roku.

I would not trust Sling (Dish), they have a record of too many dispute, but at least you will not have a contract.

Virgo, like FuboTV I do not believe will last not much longer, both of them are having growth issues, YTTV and Hulu seem to have the market covered for Live OTT service.

What was the streaming quality on Fubo like for the Pac-12 network while you had it during the trial? I have tried streaming these channels thru Sling, Dish’s Anywhere app, AirPlay’ing them from the Pac-12 iOS app, and the AppleTV Pac-12 Now app and have always found the quality disappointing (not as good as the main network in HD on Dish). A little digging has shown they only steam at 30fps while other sport channels like ESPN stream at 60fps.....very noticeable difference (to me at least). I was wondering if Fubo was better. My theory is the Pac-12 only sends out a 30fps stream to these providers since it was probably originally setup only with mobile devices in mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What was the streaming quality on Fubo like for the Pac-12 network while you had it during the trial? I have tried streaming these channels thru Sling, Dish’s Anywhere app, AirPlay’ing them from the Pac-12 iOS app, and the AppleTV Pac-12 Now app and have always found the quality disappointing (not as good as the main network in HD on Dish). A little digging has shown they only steam at 30fps while other sport channels like ESPN stream at 60fps.....very noticeable difference (to me at least). I was wondering if Fubo was better. My theory is the Pac-12 only sends out a 30fps stream to these providers since it was probably originally setup only with mobile devices in mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did not notice any issues, but Pac 12 is in the Extra pack now and I only tried it out for a day and a half in my trial week when I added Extra.

We've chatted before, huh? You and I are like the only Pac 12 loyal guys that exist

It’s like our annual conversation about the Pac-12 network. Not much to discuss this year with everything shutdown.

Have you tried the Pac-12 Now app available on AppleTV? It has everything currently being aired on all 7 of the networks (if the same thing is being shown on 2 networks at the same time, it’ll only list it once). It’s not a bad option if DVR isn’t a priority and it’s free with our Dish subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I have not. I have heard about it, but I do not have Apple TV, so I have not really had the chance.

I really am not sure I will be with DISH much longer. The way things work for me right now is I have Comcast internet and DISH TV. Comcast is raising their internet prices so DISH no longer pencils out. The bundle easily saves me $50-$60 if I take Comcast internet/TV bundle and DISH is not going to give me that concession. I am also looking at Fubo since it has Pac 12 and NBC Sports NW (another channel DISH does not carry). So we shall see.

It’s like our annual conversation about the Pac-12 network. Not much to discuss this year with everything shutdown.

Have you tried the Pac-12 Now app available on AppleTV? It has everything currently being aired on all 7 of the networks (if the same thing is being shown on 2 networks at the same time, it’ll only list it once). It’s not a bad option if DVR isn’t a priority and it’s free with our Dish subscription.

Streaming often goes as well as your Internet goes. If you have a solid connection, hard wire your tv devices to the router, and have large amounts of bandwidth, then you’ll be fine.

No, I have not. I have heard about it, but I do not have Apple TV, so I have not really had the chance.

I really am not sure I will be with DISH much longer. The way things work for me right now is I have Comcast internet and DISH TV. Comcast is raising their internet prices so DISH no longer pencils out. The bundle easily saves me $50-$60 if I take Comcast internet/TV bundle and DISH is not going to give me that concession. I am also looking at Fubo since it has Pac 12 and NBC Sports NW (another channel DISH does not carry). So we shall see.

I know in our area Comcast offers the national feed in HD and the 1 regional network only in SD (in case that matters).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)