FuboTV Subscribers See Price Hike, Raises RSN Fee to Up to $14 with Addition of Bally Sports

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN

Fubo just raised their rates by $5 to new subs. Existing will see it next month

New FuboTV Pricing
fuboTV Pro: $74.99/mo. (was $69.99)
fuboTV Elite: $84.99/mo. (was $79.99)
fuboTV Premier: $94.99/mo. (new plan)
fuboTV Ultimate: $99.99/mo. (no longer offered)

In addition to the new pricing in the base plan, fuboTV is adjusting their RSN Fee, which will see the price go up in most markets. While customers in most locations currently pay $8.99-$11.99/mo. RSN Fee, they will now be subject to up to a $13.99/mo. RSN Fee.

RSN Fee

• 1 RSN in Market: $10.99/mo.
  • 2+ RSNs in Market: $13.99/mo.
Fubo says that those who receive a single Regional Sports Network in their market will be charged $10.99/month, while those with two or more will pay $13.99/month. The price change comes as FuboTV is about to add Bally Sports RSNs in the coming weeks.

Wonder how that works in the markets with a Bally's and a Bally's Plus which is most of their areas. As example in Minnesota we have Ballys North and Ballys North +

Wonder if they count that as 1 or 2? Or do they mean 2 separate RSN's like Ballys Sports SE and Ballys Sports South which cover the same area

Hate the broadcast channel and RSN fees with no option not to get them.

Those are some of the reasons I will stay away from a Traditional Provider, that and box/DVR fees.

If YTTV did that, I would drop them in a second, I would never watch the Florida RSNs and I have a Antenna for locals, which I never seem to watch since the majority of content is on their streaming services in much better quality.

Reactions: Ronnie- and osu1991
So now their lowest priced service costs exactly the same as my Dish TV service. The only difference between these streaming services and traditional cable service is you are paying for the cable in addition to the TV service. Add the two costs together. Sorry, I'm not seeing any great advantage here. :rolleyes:

So now their lowest priced service costs exactly the same as my Dish TV service.
Fubo is more because of all the sports channels, which Dish does not carry.
The only difference between these streaming services and traditional cable service is you are paying for the cable in addition to the TV service. Add the two costs together. Sorry, I'm not seeing any great advantage here. :rolleyes:
I pay YTTV $65 a month, which includes unlimited DVR, 3 Streams (boxes).

A comparable package with Dish with their new customer pricing, Top 200 with DVR and 2 more boxes, is $118.99.

Now I expect YTTV to go up to $70, but it has not had a increase in 2.5 years, Dish has had three during that time period.

So if it does go up, still a difference of $48.99, that, in your words, is a great advantage.

Specially since with all those price increases that Traditional Providers have had, you are getting less content since Broadcasters have been moving programming to streaming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mochuf and ncted
Fubo is more because of all the sports channels, which Dish does not carry.

I pay YTTV $65 a month, which includes unlimited DVR, 3 Streams (boxes).

A comparable package with Dish with their new customer pricing, Top 200 with DVR and 2 more boxes, is $118.99.

Now I expect YTTV to go up to $70, but it has not had a increase in 2.5 years, Dish has had three during that time period.

So if it does go up, still a difference of $48.99, that, in your words, is a great advantage.

Specially since with all those price increases that Traditional Providers have had, you are getting less content since Broadcasters have been moving programming to streaming.
You tube TV you have Boxes ????
What do THEY cost the sub ?

You tube TV you have Boxes ????
What do THEY cost the sub ?
I wrote boxes after Streams as an example so people would understand what I was writing about, not everyone knows what each stream means.

Here you go-each free stream from YTTV = 1 box from DirecTV that costs a extra $7 a month, so I get 3 Streams and it does not costs a extra $14 a month ( I know DirecTV includes the first box).

I wrote boxes after Streams as an example so people would understand what I was writing about, not everyone knows what each stream means.

Here you go-each free stream from YTTV = 1 box from DirecTV that costs a extra $7 a month, so I get 3 Streams and it does not costs a extra $14 a month ( I know DirecTV includes the first box).
OK,
You got me wondering, because, I didn't remember boxes being needed and wanted to confirm. :)

OK,
You got me wondering, because, I didn't remember boxes being needed and wanted to confirm. :)
Essentially there are no boxes with the service but you do need a streaming device to access it. So, for each stream you need a Roku, Apple TV, Firestick, or similar. Once purchased those devices have no monthly cost.

Essentially there are no boxes with the service but you do need a streaming device to access it. So, for each stream you need a Roku, Apple TV, Firestick, or similar. Once purchased those devices have no monthly cost.
What about Smart TVs ?
Isn't that the whole idea behind Smart TVs .... that you don't need a box.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
What about Smart TVs ?
Isn't that the whole idea behind Smart TVs .... that you don't need a box.
Smart TV’s apps only seem to be good for about 2 years, then they quit updating them and adding new ones.

Remember one of your Sonys did not have the Apple TV app and mine did, I think your set was only a year or two older.

Reactions: ncted
Smart TV’s apps only seem to be good for about 2 years, then they quit updating them and adding new ones.

Remember one of your Sonys did not have the Apple TV app and mine did, I think your set was only a year or two older.
True, however at least on both these Sony's I can load Apps to it ... Apparently you can't do that with all Smart TV's ...

My Sis just asked about adding apps to her Samsung Smart Tv (its an older TV) So I have no idea if all STV's are suppose to be able to load apps or if thats only ones that use Google (mine load thru the Play Store)

True, however at least on both these Sony's I can load Apps to it ... Apparently you can't do that with all Smart TV's ...

My Sis just asked about adding apps to her Samsung Smart Tv (its an older TV) So I have no idea if all STV's are suppose to be able to load apps or if thats only ones that use Google (mine load thru the Play Store)
Samsung, LG and Vizio are the worse at updating and adding new apps, Sony is better because of Google, TCLs ( the nicer sets, not the cheap ones at Walmart) are great also, but i think that is more because of Roku.

But I still use my Roku Ultra on my Sony Z9K, apps are always updated, add new ones when they are available and never a issue, not the prettiest interface, but it just works perfect.

Reactions: Bobby
Even the "best" smart tvs aren't able to run all current apps after a few years. My 2020 Sony 950H won't run the latest versions of certain Android apps according to the folks on the AVS Forum discussion. I don't bother with running apps directly on the TV, so no big deal to me. Also, my brother recently ran into a problem with his Sharp Roku TV not being able to run the latest Hulu app, which is how he gets live TV. I gave him one of my 1st gen Firestick 4K devices to use. I cans see the appeal of the relative simplicity of smart tvs, but the reality is that you're only going to be able to run everything you want on it for roughly half the life of the TV, best case scenario.

I am surprised there haven't been any class action lawsuits about this, but there is probably something in the EULA that is preventing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Tony
Even the "best" smart tvs aren't able to run all current apps after a few years. My 2020 Sony 950H won't run the latest versions of certain Android apps according to the folks on the AVS Forum discussion. I don't bother with running apps directly on the TV, so no big deal to me. Also, my brother recently ran into a problem with his Sharp Roku TV not being able to run the latest Hulu app, which is how he gets live TV. I gave him one of my 1st gen Firestick 4K devices to use. I cans see the appeal of the relative simplicity of smart tvs, but the reality is that you're only going to be able to run everything you want on it for roughly half the life of the TV, best case scenario.

I am surprised there haven't been any class action lawsuits about this, but there is probably something in the EULA that is preventing it.
So you can't use your expensive and do everything remote ... that sux.

I have 1 remote that does everything (I haven't inquired if it will take Roku or Firestick codes) I'm gonna have to look into that ....
edit:
Apparently I did have the Roku codes put on it when I did it, I must have been thinking about that last time I added stuff to it. :)

my friend she has a 10 year old vizio set and they took off youtube in the apps to make her think that she needed a new t.v.!!! she just bought a roku.

Reactions: Howard Simmons