Full DirecTV Price Increase Letter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is a full copy of the DirecTV Price Increase letter which was sent to all dealers overnight.

Guess its official now.

Attachments

• directv increase.pdf
    102.7 KB · Views: 2,601
An increase but I get CD USA YES!!!!!!

Come on now, it almost wants to make you laugh

Interesting to see that the HD package WENT DOWN $1.00.

That makes my overall cost increasing by $2.00. I can live with that, as long as they keep offering new things periodically.

Satmeister said:
That makes my overall cost increasing by $2.00. I can live with that, as long as they keep offering new things periodically.

I can live with it to..Though it would be nice down the road to see some new channels with HD (keep our fingers crossed)

Another 3 bucks I have to pay to directv.. Wonderful.. 97.95, here I come. I can get Digital cable for 99.95 and that includes my cable modem and VoIP! Of course, cable doesn't tell you about the taxes and box rentals/etc meaning I'd only save 23 bucks or so.

Satmeister said:
As I posted elsewhere, it went down because D* may have realized that they are giving us almost nothing for our money. E* is in the process of kicking the a** in HD content. Compared to what E* has for the price, D* should have dropped the price $5.:(

I would have bet money that the fax was fake from just the FAQ that was in the other thread. Some of the answers just come off as super arrogant to me.

D* just keeps giving me more and more reasons to no longer stick with them.

I love how I have to pay to fund satellite radio on my TV when the last thing I want is satellite radio and the last place I want it is on my TV. :rolleyes:

Great.

I am gonna downgrade to Total Choice (plain) and then start considering the switch to cable. At least get a year of low prices out of cable and then switch back if necessary. The price increases over the past few years have been ridiculous.

DirecTV just screwed themselves.

In order to save some money, I cancelled the sports pak, since I just realized Golf Channel is part of TC+ and YES,MSG,FSNY come to me as local channels.... So they raised their prices $4, saved me $1 with HD, but cost themselves $11 because I thought of ways to save money.

1) No new HD announced at CES.

2) The "lease" program that makes you still buy the advanced equipment but now you don't even own it.

3) A programming price increase.

Boy D* is on a real winning streak in making their customers happy. :rolleyes:

It would be one thing if the price increase included new or more channels,
better equipment more HD. But I guess Its just a pipe dream, I signed a two year agreement so that means my prices are going to go up or is this just for new additions? :mad:

cliffordmarc said:
better equipment more HD. But I guess Its just a pipe dream, I signed a two year agreement so that means my prices are going to go up or is this just for new additions? :mad:

Its all of us...

Satmeister said:

Yeah, its not so bad at $3.00, so its even better for the HD subscribers. It was going to happen sooner or later. Didn't D* go all last year without an increase? So the last one was in 2004 right?

cliffordmarc said:

Its not D* wanting to "take" your money. I know for a fact the channels like Fox News, ESPN and Discovery raised their rates to the satellite and cable subscribers by 15-25%. They are the ones to blame.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts