Full screen JPEG images on a 622

Cognato

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2006
Any tricks on getting a JPEG image to displays full screen. I would like to use a memory stick with stills to display on the 622. It loads the files but no matter what resolution I store them in it will not fill the HD screen.

I have a Sony KDS 60 A2000 using the HDMI input.

I am sure there are not a lot of people usig the feature, but I know I would if it worked better.

Yeah I was just showing my wife some pictures last night and none of them were full screen. It's kinda lame. My TV has a built-in card reader and when I show pictures using a Compact Flash or SD or whatever they are in Full screen.

Any tricks on getting a JPEG image to displays full screen. I would like to use a memory stick with stills to display on the 622. It loads the files but no matter what resolution I store them in it will not fill the HD screen.

I have a Sony KDS 60 A2000 using the HDMI input.

You probably are showing in full screen. The problem is most digital pictures are taken in 4:3 and HD is 16:9. If you have the option on your camera of 3:2 that might work better.

Interesting posts, I have tried several formats, and all of them do not fill the screen.
The one issue was I loaded a test pattern, with the hope of trying to adjust my over scan issue.
Well that 16:9 format image looks perfect on my wide screen laptop, but only fill about 75 % of the my tv.
As stated, there are no options available to adjust the screen size or ratio while viewing photos.
I think if the 622 software could allow for controlling the display format, this feature would be cool, but only if you could have an option to say have a slideshow while playing one of the music stations.
My 2 pennies, anyone hope for something new on this.
I know this is probably low on everyone’s needs list. :hungry: :hungry:

Last edited:
Interesting posts, I have tried several formats, and all of them do not fill the screen.
The one issue was I loaded a test pattern, with the hope of trying to adjust my over scan issue.
Well that 16:9 format image looks perfect on my wide screen laptop, but only fill about 75 % of the my tv.
As stated, there are no options available to adjust the screen size or ratio while viewing photos.
I think if the 622 software could allow for controlling the display format, this feature would be cool, but only if you could have an option to say have a slideshow while playing one of the music stations.
My 2 pennies, anyone hope for something new on this.
I know this is probably low on anyone’s needs list.

I tried the same thing. I would like to have this feature also.

Yes I have made a number of test photos in Photoshop at different resolutions and aspects. The most coverage is about 75% using the HDMI output. I would think there could be a software correction if there is enough interest in the feature if not why did they include it. Just a selling point that does not work. :(

Since this "feature" is not part of the selling point, then I guess it gets little if any attention. I bet the programmers never even tested it against a full HD display setup.
I'm sure it's just a matter of DRM or some other copyrights issue. Dish wouldn't want us to be able to display full resolution content that might somehow copied for illicit use now would we.
Just waiting for my test pattern to record, then I can try to fix this bloody overscan issue.
Cheers...

From HDNet website:

Sun, Nov 26 - 6:50 AM ET
3:50 AM PT HDNet Test Patterns
Wonder how your home theatre is doing? Wish you had test patterns to help set it up? Well, HDNet is here to help. This short program will help you get the most out of your home theatre setup by providing you with the same professional test patterns HDNet uses to set their gear.

Also on Sun, Dec 3 - 6:50 AM ET & Sun, Dec 10 - 6:50 AM ET

They must have run it late so I only got 5 of the 10 mins. What they had was Color Bars with grey scale chips and then a convergence chart. Do you know what other test signals they show so I know whether to try and record it again?

Test that would be nice to have.

Multiburst - for resolution testing

Grey scale ramp with markers - for brightness, black level, and gamma

Full Field color and grey - for a purity check

Edge, Safe Action and Safe title display for a variety of resolutions - to display over scan and zoom levels.

Do they list it as "test pattern" in the EPG? I don't see it, and the programs I record at the noted times do not contain test patterns at the end.

I'm not in front of the TV now but I believe it is called HDNet Test Pattern in the EPG.

The last one was listed as such but the time was off. There is not another listed in the EPG even though ATS7627 mentioned something about Sun, Dec 3 - 6:50 AM ET

HDNet still lists it on their website for Dec 3, 10 & 17 at 6:50AM ET.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts