Fun Dish Pics

Yea. Mine is at the home distro box, and easily accessible, and behind a gate I built around my garden to keep my dogs out. Only downside, spiders. I hate spiders.

Those ropes/string can't possibly hold the dish. Who couldn't scrounge up 4 large screws or worst case, smaller ones and washers ?

That apartment building with ~12 dishes is becoming more and more common, sadly.... Well, I'm glad to see people moving away from the cable companies (for so many years, 3 out of 4 people wouldn't even consider "the dish" because "it doesn't work when it rains") but the complex or installation companies need a better system than that. I haven't seen that many myself but have seen 5-6 in plenty of places.

Those ropes/string can't possibly hold the dish. Who couldn't scrounge up 4 large screws or worst case, smaller ones and washers ?

That apartment building with ~12 dishes is becoming more and more common, sadly.... Well, I'm glad to see people moving away from the cable companies (for so many years, 3 out of 4 people wouldn't even consider "the dish" because "it doesn't work when it rains") but the complex or installation companies need a better system than that. I haven't seen that many myself but have seen 5-6 in plenty of places.

Back in December 2013 our apartment building was permanently cut off from Comcast, because they demolished the adjacent building that had all of the CATV equipment. Everyone got free cable TV before then, and a lot of people paid for a cable modem.

Our building has 93 apartments. I'm the only one who opted for "the dish" (had Clearwire for the ISP). I self-installed to avoid a contract, because I knew our building would eventually be torn down as well. Everyone else either installed AT&T or went without TV and got some kind of wireless ISP.

There's a 20 story high rise building about a mile away that literally has a dish on every balcony that I can see. I'm not sure what happened there, maybe some kind of terrible exclusive contract with one of the off brand cable companies.

About the apartment complexes with all the dishes... Where I'm at now there's a TON of apartments, and the majority of them have one community Dish servicing the entire building. There's usually a few stacked 44 switches in the basement. It's actually pretty nice as an installer doing a NC...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: TheKrell
I like the one with the dish grounded to the gas meter.

FYI.....it is legal for the NEC.... I think the only thing wrong was it wasn't buried....Not sure since they went to a lot of plastic underground pipe if it has changed....Personally it never made sense to me either...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)