Funny things folks have said about your FTA system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
to me...well usually he throws it up higher than me (up on the roof) so I can get it easier ;)

Just this last nice warm Summer, I was cutting the grass and a car pulled in the end of the driveway. Guy got out, I stopped and walked over to him and he asked what I got with all them. I told him I had to monitor the mother ships that were checking other planets. The more I talked, the blanker his face became. I stopped talking and he finally busted out with a big giggle. Then he said "bull." I then explained all about FTA and he stated that was interesting, very interesting. He thanked me, got in his car and drove away. Best I could see was an Ohio plate. Must have been one of the zillions of tourists we get here in Summer.

I just had to have a little fun with him.....

T & RT cat

Best comeback of all came from my wife, when our neighbor asked "what do you watch with that?", she answered, "Oh, he likes to watch the be-headings on Al Jazerra live!" The neighbor doesn't visit too much any more! LOL!

Don't know, kind of doubt it on their English channel. France did away with the guillotine in 1977, kind of a surprise just how long they continued with that device. Wonder if any of those dandruff cures were ever filmed.

Yeah I have always heard stuff like "what are you doing with that thing" or "are you doing work for some sort of spy". lol

That was just with a 4 footer. I had a 7.5 put up once and the neighbors all thought that just by having a big dish you could hack channels from all over the world! lol! Boy do they have alot to learn! They didnt believe me when i told them that the hacking wasnt even on a big dish but that people were using the pizza pan dishes to do so!

I guess other people dont appreciate all the feeds and oddball stuff we can routinely scan in with our sats!

I guess when you think about it, it is an unusual hobby. It takes a different type of person to get fun and excitement from doing all the work that is necessary and buying all the equipment necessary to get the TV channels we do. I always enjoy the hunt more than actually watching TV! But the are some rewards...;>)

T4Runner, you hit it on the head when you say 'enjoy the hunt'. That's me to a tee! When I get a wierd wildfeed that I know no one else is watching, that gives me the 'fun factor' I'm always looking for. And I have found many MANY odd-ball wildfeeds. The best is when someone leaves the camera on and you hear REAL off-camera quotes. Actually, once the initial cost is over buying the equipment, the hobby is kinda cheap. Just a lot of invested TIME dialing in all the 'good stuff'. LOL! OH, and I don't think Al Jazeera actually shows be-headings, but it was funny when she TOLD them we watch it! Too funny!

I don't think Al Jazeera actually shows be-headings, but it was funny when she TOLD them we watch it! Too funny!

The Al Jazeera Arabic feed has shown graphic material in the past , but the international feed has not. About ten years ago, the Arabic feed showed some material that the worldwide media strongly condemned. Truly was in poor taste and the network has since self-edited better, probably in an attempt to be viewed as a more mainstream media source.

This one might top all of them

My mom came to pick me up for lunch today and I still had the big dish outside the garage. My mom asked me was the dish heavy. Nah not really mom. But when I put the 70 pound sandbag on it that keeps it from moving.

She then asked me "Are you worried someone might steal the dish?" :)
No not really mom. I mean who would want the dish? ;)
Her comeback line..."Well I guess you would know if someone was trying to steal it since you'd be watching and all of a sudden bzzzzz out goes the picture" :D

My mom can be funny

My friends thinks That I am Crazy when I am parking my car next to the Big trash container to see inside. Long time ago One homeless man ask to me. What are you looking for brother? are you looking some food? Are you looking a Money?.. I show Him Yes, This is My Food, This is my Money $$$.. One Slim line Dish with support with 15 feet of coaxial cable Rg6!! for free!!!.lol

When I first got the BUD the guys at work gave me the business pretty good. I wish I could remember some of the things they said. But when they found out that I was watching games that couldn't get, it was a different story. When I would mention what I was going to watch their reply was usually "care if I come over."

Don’t you just love it when someone comes over while you are adjusting your dish and asks you about the dish? You take your time and explain in simple terms all about satellite TV and FTA, and give the person a demo of your equipment.

The person has nothing but accolades’ “Oh that’s great…,really…, simply awesome…, you really know your stuff…, I see that you have a wonderful hobby...”

The person thanks you and walks away and you know in your heart he did not understand a word you said.

My stepmother's mother (90 years old) informed me that her chordless phone started having sound problems ever since the neighbour put up his Direct TV dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts