Future Customer & Discounts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wabbleknee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2011
FLa
Just a reality check. Got a AAA magazine offer for DTV with $10 Discount for first 20 months. Cancelling premiums after 1st 3 months. One HD DVR one HD rx. Choice extra $41 for months 1-12, $72 for months 13-20 and $82 for 21-24. Looking for a way to cut some more off of that, suggestions welcome

Question #2. :D All of my coms are in my laundry room, Cable, telephone, internet etc. Each room in the house has a home run to the laundry room with coax, cat5 etc. Can the installer terminate the runs from the DTV antenna in the com closet? Then "barrel" to the existing coax and install the DTV receivers in what ever room I want. How would the whole house DVR thing work in this situation. :confused: Tx

Is the existing coax being used for anything? Is it RG6 or 59? Do all the coax runs in the house go directly from the room outlet to the comm closet with no splitters anywhere (except inside the closet where they can be accessed?

Is the existing coax being used for anything? Is it RG6 or 59? Do all the coax runs in the house go directly from the room outlet to the comm closet with no splitters anywhere (except inside the closet where they can be accessed?

That's kind of the definition of a 'home run'.. :) And given the house has home runs and Cat5, I'd say it's a safe bet that it's RG6.

JerseyMatt said:
That's kind of the definition of a 'home run'.. :) And given the house has home runs and Cat5, I'd say it's a safe bet that it's RG6.

True on both points, but there are some pretty nonstandard people out there.

It is high quality RG6 (so says the installer). The cable system has a powered 8x splitter that feeds the outlets in the rooms from the comm cabinet. No other splitters. I was going to attach these RG6 cables to the DTV "splitter" to feed the DTV boxes. Still unsure about the whole house DVR setup. I have 3 home run RG6 cables from the main TV area, thinking that a RG6 connection is necessary between the DVR and the other receivers?? Kinda lost in that area. Tx

Just a reality check. Got a AAA magazine offer for DTV with $10 Discount for first 20 months. Cancelling premiums after 1st 3 months. One HD DVR one HD rx. Choice extra $41 for months 1-12, $72 for months 13-20 and $82 for 21-24. Looking for a way to cut some more off of that, suggestions welcome

Question #2. :D All of my coms are in my laundry room, Cable, telephone, internet etc. Each room in the house has a home run to the laundry room with coax, cat5 etc. Can the installer terminate the runs from the DTV antenna in the com closet? Then "barrel" to the existing coax and install the DTV receivers in what ever room I want. How would the whole house DVR thing work in this situation. :confused: Tx

From what you are describing, I would venture to say your new house is an installers dream.;) :coffee

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)