Future Proof - max # RG-6 lines to EA dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
Currently have roof mounted EA dish with VIP722 and VIP612. Right now there are two RG-6 lines coming in the house, into the attic through an outside wall and split out to the two receivers from there. I am having my attic blown with insulation and the tech said that now is the time to do any wiring I may need done for the future. If I add a receiver or two in the future will this require anymore lines out up to the dish on the roof?

Yes. 3 coax lines are required from that dish either feeding 3 receivers, or as inputs to a DPP44 which can then feed 4 receivers. The DPP44 has 4 feedthrough ports to cascade up to 3 DPP44 switches feeding as many as 12 dual tuner receivers.

Depending on how much time you have or what your needs are I would run at least 2 more lines (total of 4) but would suggest 3 more (total of 5). This is so if you ever need a wing dish or if there is every a bad line you dont have to go threw the hassle of running more lines.

You could also lay down PVC pipes/conduit and fish the wires later if needed. When I built my house, I ran two 3" PVC pipes from the basement to the attic for future needs. Just a thought. Its easy enough to cut and glue, especially when you aren't running water through them. :)

Regular 1" pvc is pretty cheap at lowes, or you could go with something like the 3" conduit.

Shop CANTEX 3" PVC 10'L Conduit at Lowes.com

I also highly recommend the pvc pipe. This is the best way to future proof as you can run anything you want wherever you run that pvc pipe.

Who needs blown-in insulation when I bet a whole triple-layer of pvc pipes would provide better insulation AND give you all the future proofing you would ever need. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts