Future receviers

I would like to see a receiver that has 2 HD satellite tuners and two ATSC tuners, with TV1 and TV2 outputs BOTH set up like the 622's TV1, and have it capable of hotplugging external SATA hard drives into it for mega storage, not just 30 hours of HD.

This looks to be one of the biggest requests. I have so much stuff sitting on the hard drive just waiting to be dumped off. :(

To make matters worse, I just bought a 700 pocketdish so I could dump it to that, but it won't take HD. Just SD. Kinda pointless to have widescreen if it only takes SD no?

I am also waiting for external hard drive support and have a lot of shows waiting to be dumped to an external hard drive device. Getting tired of having issues with my DVR's getting filled up. I already have two for myself that I use to store lots of movies and shows.

Stargazer said:
I am also waiting for external hard drive support and have a lot of shows waiting to be dumped to an external hard drive device. Getting tired of having issues with my DVR's getting filled up. I already have two for myself that I use to store lots of movies and shows.

Same here, I wont pick up a 622 until this happens. I don't know how you guys do it with 30 hours of HD space.

Here's the scoop on the next new receiver:

• It will feature lots of really cool features, some of which will never work as stated, or ever even implemented.
  • It will be announced before all production specs/parts are ironed out.
  • It will be late.
  • Demand will outstrip supplies for the first 4-8 months.
  • A flurry of software updates will come out during the first two months, but significant issues will never be fixed.
  • CSRs will misstate/overstate the capabilities and/or cost of the units, causing general confusion among customers.
  • A newer, better replacement product will be announced 12-18 months later, making the receiver either obsolete or limited in capabilities. (Go back to item 1)

Did I miss anything?

Scott

SRW1000 said:
Here's the scoop on the next new receiver:

• It will feature lots of really cool features, some of which will never work as stated, or ever even implemented.
  • It will be announced before all production specs/parts are ironed out.
  • It will be late.
  • Demand will outstrip supplies for the first 4-8 months.
  • A flurry of software updates will come out during the first two months, but significant issues will never be fixed.
  • CSRs will misstate/overstate the capabilities and/or cost of the units, causing general confusion among customers.
  • A newer, better replacement product will be announced 12-18 months later, making the receiver either obsolete or limited in capabilities. (Go back to item 1)

Did I miss anything?

Scott

Sounds alot like starband when it pilot tested its system for 30 days and then went public, them were the good days of 3 meg downloads that went to isdn speeds within 6 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts