Future suggestion

But not getting all three tuners
Of course they get all three tuners. The DPP ports are connected to a Solo or Duo Node mounted right at the dish, so only one coax is needed for the long run to each receiver.
Sounds good but those aren't Dish Authorized installs. They want connections on or in the house near a ground point
Dish hasn't authorized any of my installations. Dish probably doesn't like that I take one of my 1K4's apart and move it from campground to campground either. :)

Here's how the Solo Node is attached to my portable 1K4:

2018-07-10 09.51.21.jpg

Of course they get all three tuners. The DPP ports are connected to a Solo or Duo Node mounted right at the dish, so only one coax is needed for the long run to each receiver.

Dish probably doesn't like that I take one of my 1K4's apart and move it from campground to campground either. :)

Here's how the Solo Node is attached to my portable 1K4:

View attachment 162664
Ahh I see. I didn't catch that in the 1 cable post

Ahh I see. I didn't catch that in the 1 cable post
And here's the Duo Node on the permanent 1K4 at our family cottage. When we're there with the motorhome, the top right coax feeds the motorhome's H2, and the bottom right coax feeds the cottage H2.

Before anyone mentions it, the cables from the LNBF have been re-oriented to add drip loops since the photo was taken. ;)

2018-07-10 09.49.19.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
Can existing customers upgrading to Hopper/Joey system from old receivers get Hopper DUO or is this for new customers? I recommend either Hopper 2 and Hopper 3 because those receivers are better lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could Dish possibly remove Super Joey support from Hopper 1 and Hopper 2 in a future software update?

That would not happen because there are super Joeys out in the field that need software updates. The best thing that Dish can do is stop installing them, and then slowly harvest them from the field.

Can existing customers upgrading to Hopper/Joey system from old receivers get Hopper DUO or is this for new customers? I recommend either Hopper 2 and Hopper 3 because those receivers are better lol.

I expect customers with VIP receivers will possibly be required to upgrade to Hopper/Joey system on a future card swap lol.

I heard work orders call for DPP LNBF for Hopper DUO even though it will work perfectly fine with DPH LNBF. DPH LNBF are a lot easier to manage than DPP lol. I really can’t see a reason why work orders are called for DPP for Hopper DUOs lol.

They call for dpp because they are $25 cheaper than a dph lnb. It's all about cost. $25 per install across the nation adds up quick.