Fuzzy Fox 4 in dallas/tarrant county, tx area..

x3ro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Any ideas why?

It's not fuzzy..

But anytime I watch Fox 4 (local) it has these little random white specs ALL over the screen.. It's pretty dang annoying. It's not super duper heavy like a snowy channel, its just little random white specs all over the place...

Happens whether it's live TV or a DVR'd show. This is the ONLY channel that does it.

Dish 522 reciever, if that makes a difference...

I didn't install all the hardware, but I know the sats are 110 and 119..

Help?

This is electrical interference being picked up at the site where E* has their receiving antenna for the local DFW channels. I have also noticed it on channel 5 (lower VHF analog channels 2-6 are the ones most likely to pick up electrical interference). Since the interference is occurring before the signal is up-linked to the satellite, there is nothing you can do about it on the receiving end, other than complain to E* about it. Since my 622 and 811 have digital OTA tuners, I don't normally watch the E* locals (they are so over compressed I have trouble watching them on a large screen). I have a 508 connected to a TV in the bedroom and I have noticed the white specks several times on both channel 4 and 5.

I have also seen this on cable systems. I have relatives that live in Duncan, OK and they have had similar interference on some of their local channels for the last 25 years they have lived there. Their cable system has belonged to 4 or 5 different companies, but they still haven't fixed the interference problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts