G 3 ????????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WyrTwister

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2004
I picked up 2 C band analog chanels this afternoon , while exploring the Clark belt . They were horse racing .

The sat chart I have been using indicates all the G 3 analog channels as occasional .

Would those channels be correct for G 3 ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

Lynskyn said:
There's a baseball game on G3-21 right now (LA & Seattle)

Let me go check ............

Is it normal or reverse polarity ?

Wyr

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found it ! GREAT picture quality ! Thanks :)

Must be reverse polarity .

But it was not at the place / location that the horse racing was . Any idea what sat that was ?

Thanks again ,
Wyr

Last edited:
WyrTwister said:
Let me go check ............

Is it normal or reverse polarity ?

Wyr

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found it ! GREAT picture quality ! Thanks :)

Must be reverse polarity .

But it was not at the place / location that the horse racing was . Any idea what sat that was ?

Thanks again ,
Wyr

It's normal polarity for G3 (21 is horizontal)
Not sure on the horse racing. Was it east or west of G3?

Lynskyn said:
It's normal polarity for G3 (21 is horizontal)
Not sure on the horse racing. Was it east or west of G3?

Shows up as H , reverse on my GI 2730 ?

Will have to scratch my head to figure out if it was east or west .

Also Picking up Roberts Comunications on digital V and 40 somrthing digital H channels . Some radio , some Spanish and some English . Som Voice Of America .

Wyr

Last edited:
thats G3

Roberts Communications is horse race feeds...the H channels are Equity (lots of Univision channels)

Iceberg said:
thats G3

Roberts Communications is horse race feeds...the H channels are Equity (lots of Univision channels)

yES , i GOT THE DIGITAL rOBERTS cOM. . i WAS PICKING UP HORSE RACING ON ANALOG THE OTHER DAY & i THOUGHT IT WAS THE SAME SAT .

Working on a spread sheet listing the sat names , degree position and pulse numbers / clicks .

Hoping to compute a number that I can use as a rough constant , in order to interperlate the sat positions ( in pulse numbers / clicks ) for those sats that do not havew full time analog channels .

So far it is looking like 14 - 16 clicks per degree . Does that make any sense ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

Depends on the actuator and how far out the arm attaches from center of dish. Mine runs about 24 clicks per degree.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)