G.P.S. OR SPOUSE? (or other human) WHICH PREFERRED FOR DIRECTIONS?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
GPS all the way! Stopped using maps and TripTiks years ago!
An extra pair of eyes is of course helpful too, especially in unknown area. And there are rare cases when I get in trouble because of relying on GPS too much, but in 99% of the cases, GPS directions are spot on for me.

GPS regardless of whether spouse, friend, co-worker, boss, cat, dog , or other person is in the car. Why? I found GPS to be very convenient and easy to use, especially the ones with voice directions. And it is less frustrating than having someone wave, gesticulate, and enunciate emotion-filled directions and insults!

Great topic, radio.

Before GPS I somehow manage to read paper things I think they were called maps. Now I can't back the car out of the garage without GPS for some reason. When out on the motorcycle I refuse to use GPS or turn by turn navigation. I am back to looking at a map (non-paper), planning a route and memorizing it. Somehow I always make it.

Under no circumstance in any vehicle would I take directions from the old lady since I like to actually arrive at my destination. :) :)

I have my GPS set to a female voice, since after 55 years of my wife telling me where to go, if I'm driving alone without my wife, I need that female voice telling me where to go.

Reactions: navychop
If SWMBO is in the car, she has a GPS in her lap, helping me. iPad 3 with Waze.

A third possibility is "Do you prefer to be the one giving directions, or none at all, as a passenger?"

Do you ever get any surprising replies?

;)
Yup

10421504_960735580634563_8990682527569799161_n.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts