G1 / Guide

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hutchie

Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Barbados
Hi all,
I am having some trouble picking up the guide and any channels on G1. I live outside of the U.S. which might make it a bit difficult but I do pick up most other satellites (G5, G9, C3, C4, G3, etc.). The only one I seem to be getting difficulty finding is G1. The signal jumps between 10-100. I have a 12" mesh BUD.

Any ideas? I can give you any settings or my exact location on google maps if necessary.

Thanks guys.

You should stabilize the signal first.
Have you adjusted the Dish and Skew?

I have tried to adjust the dish and skew but can't grab anything that is stable.
I know the dish numbers are relative but this is what I currently have

G1
Channel 3
Dish: 4996
Skew: -65/90
Signal: Jumping 100 to 10/20
Quality: 1
Unstable

C4
Channel 802
Dish: 5020
Skew: 90/25
Signal: 100
Quality: 61
Stable

C3
Channel 686
Dish: 4965
Skew: 90/10
Signal: 100
Quality: 46
Stable

I posted the C3/C4 since they are either side of G1 and I get them fine.

G1's footprint drops off sharply south of the border. The only thing you can do is get a bigger dish.

Does the guide only come on G1 or is there another way I can get it? :S

167 resolved to tell me what channel it was and that there was not an active subscription, which none of the other channels did. This happened when I was playing with the settings.

Is there a dish/skew starting point I should start at based on C3/C4? Right now I'm shooting completely blind changing dish 1 then skew through the entire range, then dish again etc.

Is there a dish/skew starting point I should start at based on C3/C4?
Once the Skew is set, it should not really change much from Sat to Sat.
I would set it the same as C3 or C4 and check G1 again.

G1's footprint drops off sharply south of the border. The only thing you can do is get a bigger dish.

I guess that means I'll need a huge dish and a lot of real estate when I move to Costa Rica after I retire. :eek:

(Either that or become more proficient at Spanish).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)