G10 and wildfeeds??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Are there any on there now and then..and how do you find them???

there really isnt many wild feeds on G10...sometimes there is

how to find them...blind scan reciever :)

G10 when it first started used to have tr's 19-24 used as backhauls - analog. Atlantic 10 used to use G10 when G10 first started. Now, FSN, Oregon Sports Network and ESPN use it alot (tr's 22 thru 24). Mostly feeds from the west coast and Hawaii, but there is an occasional feed from the east coast on G10. Seahawks pre-season games have been on G10 for a few years now.

Do a Blind Scan around 6 or 11 pm and you will get WTXL (TALLAHASSEE) news. Its on every night and if you do it around 10 minutes before the news start you get to watch the anchors "warm up"

Last edited:
Since you never posted any TP. info I will not delete the above post but please keep in mind "if its not listed on Lyngsat it should NOT be mentioned in an open area of the forum"

I have noticed on Lyngsat when you click on the Sat. to display the different channels some are colored gray which the color code chart states them as being feeds. What exactly does that mean???(maybe a dumb question)

Feeds are basically raw material that isn't intended to be viewed by anyone outside the companies (or organizations). It might be behind the scenes sorts and you'd see things without any added parts. The reason why feeds are in a private forum is because if people found out about them and the companies found out they'd probably stop it.

Sometimes what can be said can be funny, scary etc. Someone mensioned before that there was one where John Madden said he had gas. I heard of someone long ago that had one with Nixon (actually it was on a reel tape but same concept) about getting caught picking his nose. A good movie about some of this is the documentary Spin that you might find online.

mdovell said:
Someone mentioned before that there was one where John Madden said he had gas.

I will take credit for that one:cool: . It was a late Sunday game on CBS with Summerall, the Raiders and I can't remember who were playing, 1984. Summerall expressed his gratitude that John told him.;)

So those grayed out channels are "raw" feeds, unedited, that are in the process of being uplinked to the stations???

thiggin2 said:
So those grayed out channels are "raw" feeds, unedited, that are in the process of being uplinked to the stations???

From what I understand yes. There's quite a bit that can be added or taken away from where it then goes. For example with national affliates they have national weather but then it cuts to a local weather, cable co's will add listings and maybe a epg. Weather channel is localized, I think the EBS material might be added (emergancy) The biggest thing added though would be the commericals...this is why some co's want you on digital cable. Much of what you see will be researched and then you might get targeted far more with advertising. AFAIK dish co's don't do that :D

In my BUD days, I always found the news feeds to be the most interesting thing up there. There were a couple that were on every night at the same time. They would have a list of what they were but no voice overs or anything. Sometimes during big disasters (like the SF quake) they would just set up a camera and let it run all day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)