G10 Issues?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
no signal at all on the retrojams/wngs tp here... been that way a few days.

been rainy day, the other tps are low signal... got a decent upn station picked up now.

urgh... no retrojams.

Overcast here.......

65% Quality on 36" dish / Invacom QPH-031 LNBF and Traxis DBS 3500

Seems like it's always overcast here but

Quality 72 using 1M Channelmaster/ Kul2 / Traxis 3500

SD

Keith Brannen said:
My SQ any time after seven/eight at night is still down, but does seem a bit better. The SQ use to be in the high 40's, and is now in the mid to low 30's. The picture is still fine at this SQ. It is during the day that it drops to the teens, which causes picture break-up. On some of the weaker transponders (and especially 11720) I always get a daytime drop of up to 15 percent. So, a drop when the SQ was in the high 40's at night, down 10 to 15 percent in the day, still had it in the low 30's range (meaning no picture break-up). Now, the drop means big time picture break-up during the day.

I am having similar issues with 11720 only all other TP's are fine with readings in the mid to upper 70's. 11720 reads in the low 50's at night and flucuates but the signal is stable/watchable. During the daytime it bounces from low 30's to upper 40's on signal quality and constantly breaks up. I am using traxis 3500 and .85m dish. I am not sure what I can do to try to solve this. I really don't watch much tv during the daylight hours so it's not a huge deal, but I was sure spoiled with receiving 11720 with 70-75% SQ!

So what TV shows are on 11720 that you like to watch? I have heard everyone talk about G10 and I was thinking about getting another dish to point at just G10. I have looked a langsat to see what stations ar on 11720 but I would like to know it there are other shows worth watching if something happens that wipes out 11720?

11720 carries a bunch of RTN channels and Retro Jams (or The Tube as it's listed on my receiver guide).

I was having issues with my motor so I removed it (topic for another thread) and have fixed my dish (Fortec 90cm) at G10R 'til the new motor comes in. As of 9:30 pm EDT last night I was getting 69-70% quality on that tp.

It was a bit of a struggle to find. And the dish elevation was nowhere near what the sat calculator said. My mast is plumb so I don't know what the discrepancy is about. :confused:

Suffice it to say I got it working and a blind scan gave me 52 channels, of which 10 or so are scrambled.

still nothing on that tp last night after several scans... 76cm winegard just must not be big enough... guess this gives me a me a reason to start fiddling with that old primestar in a few weeks when I get some time.

Last edited:
mastermesh said:
still nothing on that tp last night after several scans... 76cm winegard just must not be big enough... guess this gives me a me a reason to start fiddling with that old primestar in a few weeks when I get some time.
Here in northern VT my 76 cm winegard wont get a strong enough signal to recieve that tp consistantly. My primestar does though.

Well I had the "issues" this am :-( Looks like when I add a second dish, I will get a 90cm, as that sounds like that will take care of the problem :)

Hevent looked in a day or so but I was getting Retrojams mid 40's....it was a clear day (I know becouse it has been a clear (and HOT day) for a long time here.

Maybe ftc should be made aware of "the problem" since it really has to do with dish network broadcasting on the same basic frequency and causing interference... I know if I started running around town in a car with some sort of transmitter that busted up frequencies that are used to pick up tv or radio reception, some folks would probably complain. Maybe we should start doing that?

The Federal Trade Commission probably would not care about these issues. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) might---but it's not our business to be turning DISH Network in for what you are suggesting. If there is indeed a problem, the users of the transponder(s) affected, such as Equity Broadcasting, would likely be right on it and look for technical solutions and legal remedies if necessary. As long as their network is functioning without interruption, there are no issues. One must remember that these signals are put onto satellite for their benefit (the broadcaster to feed their internal network, which consists of considerably larger receive antennas than the typical home user, and must less affected by adjacent satellite interference), and that anyone else (home users)
is not their concern. The signals are there because of their benevolence, and if you complain to the wrong person or agency about interruption of this "free gift" that you cannot receive on what could accurately be described as an undersized antenna from a broadcaster's perspective, it could very easily make upper management or legal eagles look more closely at the situation, and ruin it for everybody. We have no legal "right" to these signals, so please chill out and let the normal process sort itself out. The same logic applies if you see a phone number on a wild feed. It was not intended for you---you just happen to be watching that signal which is not encrypted. Calling attention to yourself is a very good way to get signals scrambled.

Here is something to think about

You have to remember we are not these channels intended targets.
We can see them which is great.

This happens all the time and I think that has to be reiterated. Stuff comes and goes all the time and we do have some obstacles.

Dish & Equity aren’t doing anything wrong. They can run channels 2 degrees apart on same frequency & polarity. The cable headends have large enough dishes so it rejects the interference. Our smaller dishes do not

Simple solution…get a bigger dish :D A couple years ago there was a feed (hockey) that had adjacent interference at night. During the day it worked fine. I got a bigger dish and problem solved

My C-band does the same thing. I cannot get PBS Analog on AMC4 due to the stronger signal on G4 (next door). Conversely some digital signals come in lower due to stronger adjacent signals next door. In one case, I can get 2 signals at once (Nets on G4 and KCSG on IA5)

The signals are there because of their benevolence, and if you complain to the wrong person or agency about interruption of this "free gift" that you cannot receive on what could accurately be described as an undersized antenna from a broadcaster's perspective, it could very easily make upper management or legal eagles look more closely at the situation, and ruin it for everybody. We have no legal "right" to these signals, so please chill out and let the normal process sort itself out. The same logic applies if you see a phone number on a wild feed. It was not intended for you---you just happen to be watching that signal which is not encrypted. Calling attention to yourself is a very good way to get signals scrambled.

WELL SAID Mike!!

We watch the channels and when there are sisues, we DO NOT make a stink about it. Unless the station has it posted on their site "here is how you pick us up" we really don't say anything. As Mike said, thats how stuff gets scrambled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts