G10 RTN Signal Survey

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had a look last night. Seems like it was up.
11720 73%
11800 81%

85 cm Patriot, Invacom QPH-031 , Pansat 9200

I have G10R set @ 123.3 in usals to help on 11720, it brings the other TP's down a bit but helps keep the 11720 levels up.

Brand new setup on G10R

This setup was finished today for G10R. Dish not tweaked yet

11720 53 Peak
11800 62 Peak

Fortec Star Merc II

DirecPC Dish 36x23 with Hughes LNB

70 Miles West of Washington DC

Seems they only feed them at night! This morning back down to 45, after work (at around 7 PM) still at 45, and when I checked shortly after 9 PM, back up to 60! No change to 11799.

I notice the same thing. 60 right now.

Just read in another thread that g-10 is just about out of fuel and may have to go in inclined orbit mid March. That said it appears they are allowing it to drift to the limits of the box. This has got to have an influence on what were seeing.

Last edited:
It usually takes 30 to 60 days after launch for a satellite to begin regular service. I don't think Galaxy 18 will be launched in March. Sea Launch is behind schedule due to a launch failure last year. Next up is Directv 11 on March 9th. I'm not sure if Galaxy 18 is next in line or if there are other satellites scheduled before it.

Perfect. The forecast is for some warmer weather and I wanted to give it a shot moving my dish again this weekend (now that I finally figured out what the Power Scan does on my receiver...hey, I'm a slow) :)

Hi Iceberg,

You see to get a strong signal with the smallest dish Winegard 30' and you are also in a northern place. I am about to install a motor and debating if I should replace my winegard 30" with a bigger one. Do you know why a 30" Winegard can outperform bigger dishes of other brands?

11800-88
11720-62

Pansat 9200/Winegard 30" dish/Sadoun .4 dual

Hi Iceberg,

You see to get a strong signal with the smallest dish Winegard 30" and you are also in a northern place. I am about to install a motor and debating if I should replace my winegard 30" with a bigger one. Do you know why a 30" Winegard can outperform bigger dishes of other brands?

The Winegard is built like a rock. I've had mine for 4+ years now with no issues. Some of the larger dishes are bunk. I've seen better results on the Winegard than other dishes.

I also have a 36" dish from SatelliteAV and that one is really good too. I know a bunch of us have those dishes (in one form or another....as in brand) and they work really good. I'd use that on my motorized but the way my setup is I can't go any bigger than a 30" (I have it on the backside of my roof and being as far north as I am the dish is low...A 36" wont clear the roof :( )

Thanks Iceberg. Good to know Winegard is a good dish. I had it for about 3 years and it is pointed to Galaxy 3c to receive CCTV, never had any problems rain or shine. I'll try a motor on it first to see how it works for all the other birds, most importantly G10R.

The Winegard is built like a rock. I've had mine for 4+ years now with no issues. Some of the larger dishes are bunk. I've seen better results on the Winegard than other dishes.

I also have a 36" dish from SatelliteAV and that one is really good too. I know a bunch of us have those dishes (in one form or another....as in brand) and they work really good. I'd use that on my motorized but the way my setup is I can't go any bigger than a 30" (I have it on the backside of my roof and being as far north as I am the dish is low...A 36" wont clear the roof :( )

Peaked the Dish today

This setup was finished today for G10R. Dish not tweaked yet

11720 53 Peak
11800 62 Peak

Fortec Star Merc II

DirecPC Dish 36x23 with Hughes LNB

70 Miles West of Washington DC

After working on Elevation and Azumuth for about 45 minutes. Me on roof and my 13 year old with Walkie-Talkie (I think my kids hate this)

11720 68 Peak
11800 74 Peak

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)