G10R - certain channel quality only bad at night

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schlever

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Regina, SK
The quality of the Research Channel, University of Washington TV, and VA Knowledge Network guide goes down to next to nothing after around 9pm on my dish with a Digiwave DG7000. During the day, they seem to be fine at around 65-70%. All other channels are fine and come in at around 98% all the time.

Anyone else have this happen or is it something with my setup?

What size dish are you using, what part of the country are you located?

I am using a 1.2 Meter dish and a Pansat 3500.

VA Knowledge Network guide is: 85% right now, University of Washington TV transponder is: 90%.

What size dish are you using, what part of the country are you located?

I am using a 1.2 Meter dish and a Pansat 3500.

VA Knowledge Network guide is: 85% right now, University of Washington TV transponder is: 90%.

I have a 36" dish and am in Saskatchewan Canada.

odd. I'm in Minneapolis and those H transponders channels are fine all thwe time. They're actually pretty strong

I'm in Rhode Island and those are the strongest ones, if you said 11720, then I would say that it is time to tweak the dish.

I'm in Rhode Island and those are the strongest ones, if you said 11720, then I would say that it is time to tweak the dish.

I'm at a loss. 11720 comes in a 98% all the time. I'm going to recheck all my connections when it happens to see if there is anything there causing a problem.

What kind of LNB are you using? I could see if you had a LNB with separate H & V outputs (like a Primestar LNB) an issue like that

What kind of LNB are you using? I could see if you had a LNB with separate H & V outputs (like a Primestar LNB) an issue like that

Iceberg its a Digiwave universal. I have another universal, so may try that tonight to see if that helps.

At one point I had a LNBF that I thought was temperature sensitive. I found it actually had trapped moisture inside of the semi-transparent cover. Under conditions when it condensed the signal dropped.

All other channels are fine and come in at around 98% all the time.

If the above is true, and even at night all your other channels are great, then you've got a pretty good mystery.

Do you have any switches, or other dishes, or LNBs in your hookup?
Do you have any other satellite equipment on your house or nearby, even if it's not FTA ?

If the above is true, and even at night all your other channels are great, then you've got a pretty good mystery.

Do you have any switches, or other dishes, or LNBs in your hookup?
Do you have any other satellite equipment on your house or nearby, even if it's not FTA ?

Just one splitter, but I haven't had a chance to check it out tonight. Will look into it.

edit: Just checked the LNB. The case was not closed entirely, so snapped it shut. It has been going from about +4 during the day to -10 at night here lately, so it could be some condensation problems. I'll monitor it for the next few days and let you guys know.

Last edited:
Just one splitter, but I haven't had a chance to check it out tonight. Will look into it.

edit: Just checked the LNB. The case was not closed entirely, so snapped it shut. It has been going from about +4 during the day to -10 at night here lately, so it could be some condensation problems. I'll monitor it for the next few days and let you guys know.

Problem fixed. I brought the LNB in while I was away on holidays a week ago, and since reinstalling it, all channels are coming in fine. Must have had some moisture in it.

Glad you got it working. To bad you had to go a week without any RTN, even if you were on Holiday?

Al

Luckily I was out of town. Amazing how attached I've become to watching stuff on my dish .... I'm guessing the attachment will grow stonger once my motor arrives :)

could be a tempature related issue. maybe the dish is flexing, maybe the lnb is drifting by a few degree's.

easiest thing to test is the lnb. If I rem right the digiwave 7000 does not have blindscan, correct ? if it does not, then try editing the tp for 2 degree up or down from what it is now, does the signal get better ? try another 2 degree higher or lower.

if its drifting that much to cause you signal issues I would recommend swapping it.

if your comfortable aiming your dish at night, you could also try tweaking it to the max in the day, then seeing if tweaking it at night gets any different results.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts