G10R KU tips and tricks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
For everyone having g10r downlink issues
1. check crosspole align for a null not a peak the idea is to null out the back side then you will have a better peak on the front
2. use a stable lnb or lnbf afc error is not your friend
3. make sure you are not on a side lobe small apeture dishes will have big lobes
4. make sure dish is plumb an offset dish will loose a ton of gain if not plumb
5.get rid of your line amp they just make aton of noise. if you have a long cable run use better cable line amps also create a slope and that screws a qpsk signal
5. ground your coax to help keep out rfi , the lband signal can be affected by radar detectors and other items
6. use good quality f connectors
7. search the transponder often we change pids often and ad feeds you could be missing
8. check the frequency if your lnb is off a little you can adjust the lo frequecy to compinsate on all transponders this will really inprove your ber.
Gary

Thanks for the help and the tips! I'm using a 1 meter Channel Master fixed on G-10R especially for the Equity programming. I could improve my reception greatly, I'm sure, by using an original feedhorn designed for that dish and a C-120 flanged LNB. That will be an upcoming project.

I changed Lnb fregs 5mhz higher

Ok So I stepped up my lnb freqs to 10755 intead of 10750 And so far I am not experincing breakup on the tube Can be premature excitiment, it only makes a couple of minutes I have changed the settings Maybe it is alminating the interfernce from adjacent sat.. Maybe Keeping my fingers crossed

Bob Rock said:
Ok So I stepped up my lnb freqs to 10755 intead of 10750

How do you do that? I have a Pansat 2500 and I can't find anywhere that will let me do that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts