G10R talk on Unreliable Sources :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Gary just had a caller named John from CA and they were talking about G10R. Are you a member here John? Gary said he is on like 40 channels on G10R and that the satellite is worth like $7 billion and he is on EVERY channel :)

They ain't on 40 channels on G10...Equity doesn't even have that many on G10 ;)

They're on 16 as of last night when I was still up flipping through
KTVC
KQUP
WMQF
KWBF
KDEV-LP
WGMU
KCBU
KWBM
KKTU (delayed until 12:05 MDT)
WUJF (yes they pre-empted Retro Jams)
WBLU
KWCE
WNGS
KWWF
KEGS
KLMN (old KWFT slot)

On G3 they are on the 2 "my" subchannels (WSAV and WBTW)

Only English channels on G10 they're not on are KYPX & KPBI which are duplicate stations of a current channel that has it.

I know. I am just repeating what Gary said on his show. He was just being his amuzing self as ususal :) I also know the satellite is not worth $7billion, but again, it was his show :)

They do. A while back when some of the stations were just starting ouot with RTN (after switching affiliations 2-3 times in a couple months) they asked what kind of shows we'd like to see on RTN.

Unreliable Sources that I know of is not available OTA in Chicago , maybe for fun one night we should have a U.S. Satellite Guys call in , just call in and say " Hey I'm watching you on FTA out of Chicago or any other city , they could probably put a thumbtack on a U.S. Map for every caller and when all is said and done they would probably sit back thinking hey we really are being watched across the U.S.

There was this channel on F2 years ago from New England Cable News. They had a sports show on most weeknights. Mike Adams and Bill Pidto hosted it every night. It was on for a few hours each night. They had a map with thumbtacks and would pin the map when they got a call from a new state.

Unreliable Sources that I know of is not available OTA in Chicago , maybe for fun one night we should have a U.S. Satellite Guys call in , just call in and say " Hey I'm watching you on FTA out of Chicago or any other city , they could probably put a thumbtack on a U.S. Map for every caller and when all is said and done they would probably sit back thinking hey we really are being watched across the U.S.

It wouldn't phase them...they always ask where you are calling from. Gary will ask how you are watching if he doesn't know the town.

Equity is only on about 3 TP's out of 24 on G10R... ;)

I've scanned in 39 channels on G10R, but not all of them or Equity stations. Maybe he was mistaken on how many of the approx 40 channels are actually carrying them.

If you have ever seen the show, Gary the main host is very comical. He was exagerating on the # of channels he is seen on, and the cost of the satellite. He was talking like he is the man. I love his show though!

OK FOLKS...sorry for the over statement. I need more fta folks to call in the show. I know you guys can do it...

fyi the ones with no audio have ac-3 audio and some home rec wont decode it

I missed all but about 15 mins of the show (I saw it, but had no idea what the were talking about since they directed me to mute my tv while on hold for over an hour and a half) I'm not sure whether I enjoyed the show on mute better than I normally do with sound or not. I sure wish they played the audio from the show through the phone while you're on hold so that we knew what they were talking about and could adjust to the poor audio before the toss you on air.

I Heard you John! As Jason said "KU C BAND!"

:)

When I have called, I tried to listen, but I did not enjoy the show as much :( So I quit calling and just watch :) I liked Jason's Crocks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)