G3 and C4 failure

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
It appears the uplinks to both G3 and C4 have failed. NPS is playing a recorded message saying they are looking into the problem. Happened about 8:15 or so tonight.

G3C

g3c satellite went off still not back up , anybody still having problems getting this satellite my dish is ok , do i have to do anything else to get back this satellite ,,, thanks ,,,

g3c satellite went off still not back up , anybody still having problems getting this satellite my dish is ok , do i have to do anything else to get back this satellite ,,, thanks ,,,

Mine is fine. Try re-peaking the dish position and polarity.

My G3 has been back on-line since an hour after the failure. Anybody know what happened?

My G3 has been back on-line since an hour after the failure. Anybody know what happened?

What I heard was that Crawford got struck by lightning. Then they had to reboot the decoders and encryptors.

I'm surprised NPS's antique dinosaur encryptor survived. It would have been a perfect opportunity to upgrade if it got Zapped. Then again who knows what stresses it could have been put under with a voltage surge of that kind. They may need to replace it sooner than we think. Don't be surprised if it starts to exhibit weird problems or croaks out of the blue.

Old hardware as wierd way of being very robust and keep ticking along and can be sure that they have it all well protected from surge's but lightning strike is difficult just too much juice and i amazed everything did not fry.
But again the could have backup set and replaced the faulty hardware we will never know.

I am sure they are well protected but if the strike were direct enough and severe enough, stuff would fry!

Frying in the case of NPS's old junk would be a good thing. Unless Mike Mountford is forced into doing something he just sits there quietly and ignores the customers concerns. If it was a do or die situation such as destroyed equipment he would have to make the decision to do one of two things. Either repair/replace or let G3 go all together which at this point with me at least may be better since he's forcing everyone to absorb the padding of our bills with a now 13.8% uplinking fee for those. I don't think you should pay the uplinking fee unless your using G3. But as usual they stick it to everyone.

It's a vicious circle with NPS. Raise prices, offer poor quality or less channels, loose more subscribers. Then the circle repeats itself and those remaining end up paying more.

I have ducked most of the big increases since I don't get any big packages, but the costs keep creeping up there. When NPS hits the tipping point for me I will probably dump them and look elsewhere for an answer. That extra money I can invest in an AZbox or something else. Maybe even and I hate to say it get involved with direct tv with one of there bare bones packages. Im not sure at this point. All I can say is the BUD being king with subscription days are over unless some miracle happens. It's so sad since I've used that means for subscription channels since 1987.

Mike better start listening or he and his cohorts will be pushing pencils on the subway for income someday.

I will probably keep something subbed to on the 4DTV always even if I go over to the dark side (pizza) for other channels. It's NPS that will be loosing out since I have given them every chance to resolve these issues and Mike keeps ignoring us. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)