G3 reception

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john dusek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2005
east bernard Texas
as you know a lot of stations have moved to G3. I have noticed on most of the channels at times the picture gets a few squares and then the picture is normal again. (it acts like when wind is blowing) (no wind) It is very minor and barely interups the picture. It is worse in morning. No trees, have tried by adjusting the antenna, have also tried tipping the antenna a little up and down (which I have used in the past to adjust my othe KU channels. All othe channels and KU ones work perfect. Am close to Houston TX and am wondering if if the sat is having trouble or the sun is causing it.
Need to know if any one else is having and type of trouble.
Thanks John

Truckracer,hope your GTO is still running the low ETs. Think focal point is ok since I get all other Sats good (X4 KU in high (90s) Its doing fine today(with no adjustments) I guess it was other type interferance. (when it was acting up the sig strength was in the 90s and would drop to 40s at times,some times it would happen so fast the sig didnt have time to change. AS Red Buttons used to say strange things are happening. I think I have a in line sig amp (put it in for FTA) before I found out it was my fuzz buster causing problems. Could the amp be making the signal too strong?(it workes ok on all other sats) Looks like no one else is having problems with G3.
Thanks for come back, John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)