Gained 7 new channels

BarneyBean

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Just did a channel scan and I got 7 new channels, I think they turned up the power already.

I livein VA outside DC. I lost a few points of signal on two DC channels that switched back to VHF from UHF. But I gained signal on the Annapolis and Baltimore channels I noe get WMPT, WMAR and WBFF reliably whereas before these would pop in and out. I never even saw any signal on WBFF before.

So I guess Ia m happy

9 new channels for me! ION in VA moved antennas so theres 4 more channels. And Mhz 24 started broadcasting now that analog 24 shut down, and that's 5 more channels!

Oh-la-la! :)

Today 3 more 10 all together. ION and I think the other is CREAT also THIS network. THIS and ION seem to have some good movies, very good. I'll have to check but they are Cleveland and Akron. One thing that kind of ticks me off is my ABC local is WYTV and I still can't get it but I get Cleveland which is 45 miles away. Anybody else in the Youngstown area who lives more than 8 miles from the station get it? BY the way I'm using a outdoor omni derictional rat shack special

I seem to have picked up some, but can't seem to get KTBC-DT (RF7/7.1) now at all here in Round Rock, TX. (OTA). Dish has it just fine on the Satellite.

Anyone else?

Last edited:
I gained one WBDT 26 Dayton, but had adjust my antenna quite a bit to be able to get back one of the local channels (WKRC 12) which moved their digital channel from channel 32 to 12 today. So now with two VHF-hi channels in the market getting reliable signal is worse, not better on at least ABC (WCPO 9) and CBS.

Lost our Toledo Ohio ABC affiliate 13. And I cannot get the ABC affiliate out of
Columbus Ohio either (channel 6) due to co-channel interference.
So no ABC at our house .
Wife is NOT happy :rant:

Two of the channels I care most about changed frequency, and a really weak and cutting out now. I lost two others competely and two are still the same strength. i have three antennas, a 91XG combined with a Winegard YA1713 on a CM7777 and a CM UHF antenna on a CM7775 combined into one feed and it worked great all this time. I live 75 miles south of the towers and that is hard fringe. All the towers are in the same direction. I find it PATHETIC that FCC put me in this DMA, or at least put a repeater a little closer. This town here is too far away in any direction. The signals now are too weak to have reliable reception, even with the hard core equipment I own. This is unacceptable, that I have to rely on something like satellite/cable to watch my locals! SCREW you FCC! SCREW Digital Transition!:mad::mad::mad:

this may be why I can't see it:
Full-screen
KTBC-DT 7 (7.1)
Fox
Max ERP: 98.600 kW
Eff. pwr: 36.963 kW
Dist: 14.6 mi Path: LOS
Rx: -38.8 dBm NM: 52.2 dB
Az: 196.9° (true)
Az: 192.1° (compass)
(courtesy TV Fool).

By far the lowest power of all the FP Austin stations.

I wish they would have just put everything on UHF.
All the pre-transition digital channels at my location were UHF, and worked
fine.
Two Toledo stations moved back to VHF and the signals are
much worse. I have an Channel Master UHF/VHF antenna at 45 foot.
Most stations are over 50 miles away
One Toledo station predicted they have lost nearly 100,000
households in their own DMA.

I seem to have picked up some, but can't seem to get KTBC-DT (RF7/7.1) now at all here in Round Rock, TX. (OTA). Dish has it just fine on the Satellite.
They are temporarily operating under a lower-power facility after switching from channel 56 to 7. The full-power facility should be up by the end of July.

I'm 60 miles from the tower, used to get a solid lock on 56 and now am near the "cliff" on 7, with a few stutters and breakups and signal strength below 50% on my D* HR20.

They are temporarily operating under a lower-power facility after switching from channel 56 to 7. The full-power facility should be up by the end of July.

I'm 60 miles from the tower, used to get a solid lock on 56 and now am near the "cliff" on 7, with a few stutters and breakups and signal strength below 50% on my D* HR20.

It seems like not only consumers weren't all ready yet. Why does this station and many others not have their stuff together on the deadline? They had time enough, it even was extended from February to June. I believe the extension was established net because of the consumers, it was because the STATIONS didn't have their sh$$ together yet! They always forget one thing: Less viewers-less revenue from advertising, because companies will also know how many less people are stations have that can get their signal. This has not much to do with professional business. Sometimes you wonder if we really were on the moon..

went off without a hitch here in Minneapolis

lost 8 points on Fox KMSP 9 but that is because they moved from 26 back to 9 and I have a UHF only antenna

Happy with KSTP 5...they were on 50 and would give me fits with drop outs and pixeling...they moved to 35 (where NBC KARE 11 was until they moved back to 11) and now 5 is rock solid 93 :)

I'm getting a solid 0 on 7 here in Brushy Creek/Round Rock (O'Connor/620).

Hopefully when they get their permanent facility I'll get them again OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)