Galaxy 10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikey654

Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
Hi I live in Repenigny, Quebec, Im trying to hit Galaxy 10ku with a 33 inch dish

REPENTIGNY, QC J6A 8B1
Canada

Latitude: 45.750 N
Longitude: 73.447 W

Can you tell me if this is possible
and can you tell me the reciever settings such as the best lo lnb frequency

thank you

You should be able to receive that satellite.

Galaxy10R from your location.

18.3 ° Elevation
238.9 °Azimuth (Geographic)
36.5 ° LNBF polarization tilt (skew) (counter-clockwise)

The LO LNB frequency depends on your LNB, if you have a standard LNB your LO frequency would be 10750 Mhz, if it is universal then it would be 10600 or 9750/10600.

If you let us know what LNB you have we can be more specific.

For the channels on Galaxy10R you can take a look here: TheList , under the "Free To Air Ku Band ( 31" dish and larger )" section and click on "123.0°W Galaxy 10R Ku", or you can use this direct link: Galaxy10R

I can get it near Kingston, Ontario. However many of the transponders on the satellite are not very strong. Size of dish might be more important than the lnb, 33" dish might be minimum, you will have to tweak it carefully. It is pretty far out west for me and will be even closer to the horizon for you. Since you are on the same longitude as the Hudson River Valley it should not be hard to find someone else who can confirm if it is reachable.

A 33" dish might just get it but you may have some problems with the weaker transponders. I'd look for a 1.2m or something a little larger if I were you.

The original poster already has the 33" dish, he should be able to pickup some channels.

If he was going to purchase a new dish I would recommend a 1.2 Meter dish if he can have that size, otherwise I would recommend a 39" since it is protected by FCC laws.

I know newfies who can get G10 so in Quebec its possible.

I would try to see if the 33" works but otherwise you might need a 1m dish as some signals are weaker

yes here in western nfld i have no problen.but im using a 6ft dish getting 36 channels .here is what i done is found dish 121 whitch i did not want and just moved the lmb a little to the write .takes a little looking and patience though id never find it but now i know where to look also i found it easly with a fortecstar classic na ,tried it with a nother ird mercury 11
coulden find anything.

Hi:

I have no problem receiving G10R from Nova Scotia. I use an old Starchoice dish and I think it is a 39 inch dish.
cheers

Hi:

I have no problem receiving G10R from Nova Scotia. I use an old Starchoice dish and I think it is a 39 inch dish.
cheers
i tried it with the s.c.dish 39inc dish but it seemed id loose my signal easy with no inexplicited reason. here where the signal is so low on the horizen i
figured i needed a bigger dish if i was going to buy 1 i might as well get something that will work well,it hard to find a big dish where i live.
i ordered 1 from fortec star im not disippointed . although after i had it set up. i could of bought 2 8ft c/band dishes and irds for $500.00,but i had to go 250 miles to get them.lol.also i was only getting 4 channels with the smaller dish .now i get 36.:D:(:D

You should first try to lock onto he stronger transponders and then peek the dish to the weaker ones. If you find that you are loosing the signal too much for your liking, you may have to and/or upgrade the dish to a larger dish and use a higher quality, lower noise LNBF. When peaking the dish remember to use very fine movements. I use the rule to not move the LNBF more than an inch at a time in any direction.

You can try finding the satellite with
11800V, 26650
Then once found peak with
11720V, 27690

Remember for the value

"238.9 °Azimuth (Geographic)"

You need to add your magnetic deviation to the value to get your magnetic or compass heading. You need to add about 15.3deg.

GSC - Geomagnetism - Magnetic declination calculator

Hi AMC1:

Never had any problems with that old Starchoice dish. I get about the same number of channels as you. Worked well in conjunction with my old Fortec Ultra and seems to behave with my new Viewsat Ultra. Now that I have two receivers I am tempted to find another dish to hook up to the fortec and keep that aimed at G10R.

cheers
Bryce

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)