SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Dish = 10' C/Ku
Analog Receiver (master) = Echostar SRD 6000
FTA MPEG Receiver = Samsung DSR2700
Ku LNB = 0.6 dB
C LNB = 40 degree (?)

Thursday night I was trying to get a feed of the WB off of G10R from the west coast. All WB feeds I saw appeared to be east coast feeds. So I moved over to G11 C-Band. WOW what a difference on signal strength and lock! All of the C-Band transponders could get a great signal and even lock. My signal strength goes up to 80 max and I was getting strengths in the 75 range on G11 C-Band. I'm guesssing the quality goes to 125 max and I was in the 90's. This is MUCH higher than anything on Ku where I had been getting QUALITY readings of mid scale and getting a lock. I could get channels to process and add to the receiver from all of the G11 transponders EXCEPT TP1, the WB feeds!

I had the digital parameters and TP frequency right (and even fine tuned the TP freq. a bit). The receiver would lock on with a 70+ (out of 80) strength, it would get into the 90+ quality (out of 125???) and start to add the WB channels just like it would do on working transponders. It would sit there about a minute scanning this "channel" but the "processing" bar would go about 1/3 the way and not add the two WB stations! Does anyone else have this problem? Are the WB feeds still free? All the other DVB listings on this satellite processed just fine so I know the dish, polarity, LNB settings, etc. are correct. (Is the SR and FEC really 26.700 - 3/4 on TP1?)

Thanks In Advance!

You have to enter the PIDs manually. The way you do it on a Satworks is scan a channel(s) that you don't want, switch to them, go to edit and change the FR, SR and PIDs. You have to do this on the 3 different channels to get WB East, WB West and the WB Feeds. The channels I use are @ FR 3920, SR 2666. I am sure Samsung will have some way to edit the numbers.

They are:

WB East: FR 3720, SR 26720, Video PID 101, Audio PID 102

WB West: FR 3720, SR 26720, VPID 201, APID 202

WB Feeds: FR 3720, SR 26720, VPID 301, APID 302

If you have any problems, post a thread and I am sure that there will be someone with a Samsung that can tell you how to do it. Good Luck.

iammike said:
Just out of curiosity, do you guys know if are any of the WB channels available on c-band are high-def?

Yes.
I'll send you the info, if you like.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts