galaxy 19 fta channels questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

isoh

Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
usa
I had a Samsung receiver I was using to watch FTA channels on galaxy 25. However, a couple of months ago it stopped working. My neighbor just recently gave me an old coship cdvb3188a receiver. Yesterday I was trying to configure it, I looked at the lyngsat website and found out that galaxy 25 has been replaced by galaxy 19. Based on what I read, I should still be able to configure this receiver without having to touch my dish.

So I looked at the different frequencies and transponders on the lyngsat website and tried to configure them. At first I was not able to get any channels. I then changed my LNB frequency lo to 10750 MHz and I was able to get channels on transponder 14, frequency 11966 H. However, when I tried to add more channels on transponder 21, frequency 12084 V I did not any signal. I tried playing with the LNB frequency, 22khz on/off settings etc. but still cant get any channels on this frequency. Since I am relatively new with all this, I don't know what else to try. Should I add another satellite on the receiver configuration with a different LNB settings? Why am I able to get channels on a particular frequency and not on another one? Arent they all coming from the same satellite? I also tried some other frequencies, I am able to get channels on some but not on others, I dont know why this happens. Any help would be much appreciated.

However, a couple of months ago it stopped working.
What is not working? It doesn't power up, not getting channels?
Possible the Dish was "bumped" out of position, bad connections?

I then changed my LNB frequency lo to 10750 MHz
For your LNB Settings, look at the label on the LNB itself. Make note of the All the Numbers.

I also tried some other frequencies, I am able to get channels on some but not on others,
Can you list exactly what you are and are not getting?
Are you only getting Horizontal TPs, or Some Horz. & some Vertical?

Thank you for your quick reply. I looked at the LNB and it did say 10750 MHz for the lo frequency, so my original configuration was correct.

I found a way to get the channels I was looking for. I configured the transponder frequency to be 1 MHz less than what was listed on the lyngsat website, for example, the channels I was looking for on frequency 12084 MHz I was able to find on frequency 12083 Mhz, and the channels I was looking for on 12146 MHz, I was able to get them on 12145 MHz. I dont know why this works, either the lyngsat website has wrong info or something is not right with my receiver. However, I was able to get the channels on frequency 11966 MHz itself. The only difference I see between the ones I configured 1 MHz less and the other frequencies is the polarity; the ones I configured 1 MHz less have Vertical polarity whereas the other one has Horizontal.

As for my original Samsung receiver, it does not power up. I'm not sure what the problem could be, it just wouldnt power up one day, maybe the fuse is blown but I dont really know how to confirm that or how to fix it.

Glad you figured it out. Different Equip. give different results. Just look at "The List" at the Top of this Web Page, many listed TPs are a little different vs. Lyngsat.

maybe the fuse is blown but I dont really know how to confirm that or how to fix it.
Unplug the receiver and remove the cover.
Look for a fuse on the Power Supply board, and test.

The LO frequency of the LNBF may be drifting off frequency. This frequently occurs as LNBFs age. Instead of changing the frequency for each transponder, simply change (increase) the LO frequency by 1 or 2 MHz.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts