Galaxy 19 not on the sat list in Coolsat 6100. Need help with setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

apsinkus

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
So absolute newbie here. Just got the Coolsat 6100 today. Upgraded the firmware to 1.16.

Now I am trying to set it up, but satellite list does not have Galaxy 19 on it.

What setting do I need, so I can start pointing the dish?

For LNB I have TechSat Tracker II+
Input Frequency: 11.7-12.2
L.O Frequency: 10750

Last edited:
is any of these "former" names in there? 97 G19 (formerly G25/IA5/T5)[Found in the sticky: What satellite is where] Find TP's in TheList! ( link on the top of the page)

I think I have bigger problem. Having zero luck with finding any signal on any satellite. That house that is 31 feet away from the antenna might be killing my LOS.

I think I have bigger problem. Having zero luck with finding any signal on any satellite. That house that is 31 feet away from the antenna might be killing my LOS.

Where are you located? A house that is 31 feet away might be an issue, but it depends how far North/South/East/West you are for aiming to the desired satellite.

Is the receiver's LNB type set to Standard / LO 10750?
Is the receiver set to an active transponder? 12177 should be already programmed into that year of receiver.

I am bit at wits end here after spending total of 4 hours trying to point the dish.

Here is where I am at:
Screen%20Shot%202012-04-15%20at%201.23.45%20PM.png

And here is what it looks like from my top floor balcony:
IMG_8312.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-15 at 1.23.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-15 at 1.23.45 PM.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 282
Based on what you are showing, the house should not block the signal. Dishpointer indicates a 22-foot obstacle would block you. But that is measured while you are at ground level. It looks like you are at least one storey (10 feet?) high. So from your balcony, you should be able to see the sat.

Do you have an inclinometer? If that picture is from the dish's location, sight the top-center of that hip roof, looks to be below the satellites elevation in picture(but ??) If it's in the LOS, non-pen on the roof??
Being the satellite is west of you, did you twist the LNBF in the holder [skew], CCW when looking at the face of the dish, ~26°?
Single run of coax, lnbf to receiver, no switches etc. (get it working, before making it complicated.
Sat setup: LNB type=standard, LO freq=10750. TP=12177 pol=V, SR= 23000
[Added] Make your aiming adjustments very small, E-W, and wait 10 seconds or so, before making another adjustment. (It may take a while for the receiver to "lock on". If you go way past where the satellite "should be" change the elevation slightly, and sweep E-W again. Repeat until you get lock, then "fine tune"

Last edited:
If that is where your dish is, and offset, fixed: I would set up the dish, and look along the bottom of the dish, up the mount arm and go right above the top of the drain vent by about 2+ feet (the elevation angle) looking for signal. Trying to guess but I would slowly raise the dish and move slightly back and forth until I found signal. I wi;ll guess about 8 inches left and 5 1/2 feet above from the picture.... But I am not there. POP

I got absolute nothing. Not at any point did I get even a blip. Hours and hours of tweaking. Landlord is a lawyer, so he absolutely does no want anyone on the roof (even though it is flat and all), and I got no way of testing if the house is an obstruction or not.

I got no way of testing if the house is an obstruction or not.

Perhaps you could buy or borrow a digital level like this one from Home Depot (about $25). Sight up the edge of it and point at the house, press the hold button and read the display.

833a7673-0fc0-46e5-9048-df36f26acf24_300.jpg

On another thought, somewhere in your setup menu for that sat is a choice for lnb voltage on-off. Make sure it is on.

Last edited:
I will borrow from work one of these distance meters and post the results. Coolsat 6100 is not exactly quickest responder, so I probably should get one of those $10 FTA signal meters to get some kind of blip.

I wonder if the elevation scale on the cheapo antenna is any good. It is one of those you could get dirt cheap from Angel Network (or whatever it was called) back in '08.
2012-04-15_15-21-20_366.jpg

What is the elevation of 97W from your location? Hard to tell for sure from that pic but the dish looks like it is aiming very low, maybe 25-30 degrees?

And unless that dish is warped or damaged it should work fine, I am still using mine (.9m Azure Shine purchased from 3ABN for $50). Had that same TrackerII LNBF on it for a couple years too, it made a good combo and should work fine on 97W.

I've never had a CS6100, had several CS6000s, but I know they are quite different.

that is the good one, the one with the arms!
Glad to hear it is a good one... but I am ready to toss it off the balcony and try to figure out how to stream the channel I want into PS3 :confused:

What is the elevation of 97W from your location? Hard to tell for sure from that pic but the dish looks like it is aiming very low in that pic, maybe 25-30 degrees?

And unless that dish is warped or damaged it should work fine, I am still using mine (.9m Azure Shine purchased from 3ABN for $50). Had that same LNBF on it for a couple years too, it made a good combo and should work fine on 97W.

Elevation supposed to be 34.5 degrees. Does look damn low and I guess angle finder won't help me there.

His dish pointer data posted above calls for 34 deg elevation. Looks to low to me too.
Also says 25 deg right hand skew, looks left in the picture.

I think that dish has about a 23 degree offset, so if you placed a straightedge vertically on the dish you would want to read about 15 (14.5) degrees of tilt. That should get you close for elevation, and dishpointer.com should get you real close on your azimuth.

Then it is a matter of small movements of elevation and azimuth, linear sats are not real high-powered and the aiming has to be gnat's-butt perfect. You have to have the proper skew also.

Of course all your receiver settings have to be correct, as others have been helping you with. Do you have a small tv out at the dish so that you can tweak and watch your meters in real-time? Know for sure your coax is good?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts