Galaxy 19 on AI Turbo S2 meter

Ziptied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2011
928
1,001
West coast
Ok guys, go easy on me. Been installing DISH and Directv since 2001. Until today, I have never put my hands or meters on an FTA dish. A customer had me out to move his dish today. Going in, I thought we were taliking about a DISH dish. Turns out, he had an FTA dish setup. I thought, what the heck, why not and proceeded to relocate and tune the dish, per my AI Turbo S3's meter directions, to Galaxy 19.. This is where I feel dumb. I'm only able to get signal on Transponder 5 and no other transponders. After connecting the dish to the receiver, it shows signal level of 60 and signal quality of 0. Ive included images of the LNB and my meter. I'm sure more info is needed to figure this out so fire away. Thanks.
20230405_163751.jpg
20230405_135641.jpg
 
I don't even think 11836 vertical is in use, so I'm clueless too!

(I had considered that maybe that old LNB decided to quit when it was moved, but that wouldn't explain why it was showing a signal on a transponder that has none...)
 
I don't even think 11836 vertical is in use, so I'm clueless too!

(I had considered that maybe that old LNB decided to quit when it was moved, but that wouldn't explain why it was showing a signal on a transponder that has none...)

11836V on 99w was listed on TVROSat back on January 19 of this year as a CBS news feed. Perhaps the OP is seeing bleedover from the dish being positioned between 97w and 99w?

 
  • Like
Reactions: Jim S.
Thanks for the info. Strange thing is, after locking on and peaking the signal on tp 5, my meter ID'd the sat as Galaxy 19. It has been a while since I updated my meter's data so I ran an update of the field guide and downloaded all the current Sat data. Going to swing by the customer's home to give it another go today.
 
Has anyone experianced a Ku LNB that only works intermittently. I revisted the customer yesterday and had good signal on all the necessary Galaxy 19 TPs. TV was working fine until sometime last night. Went back today and had spotty readings across the spectrum and no TV. We borrowed his neighbors LNB to run a test and everything worked fine with it. Reconnected original LNB, and nothing.
I ordered a replacement LNB today.

All that, and the original TP 5 weirdness has me scratching my head.

That said, The complex where this customer lives probably has 30-40 tenants who have FTA antennas and the guy that originally installed them retired some time ago.

It could be worth my while to get up to speed on these types of systems, so thanks for the info.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FTA4PA