galaxy 19 transponder problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hjkesq1@netzero.net

Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Is anyone having difficulty receiving Galaxy 19 frequency 12177 V
tp 27 SR frequency 23000. The rest of the TPs signal strengths are perfect. The only TP I cannot receive on Galaxy 19 is 12177.
It was working and then went blank. I am in Florida.

Welcome to the forum! That transponder is a little weaker for me tonight but still readable.

Yeah it is weak, but I am getting it solid.
Congrats on first post! after all these years:)

Explain your set-up...Dish size, lnbf, receiver , etc.

Is anyone having difficulty receiving Galaxy 19 frequency 12177 V
tp 27 SR frequency 23000. The rest of the TPs signal strengths are perfect. The only TP I cannot receive on Galaxy 19 is 12177.
It was working and then went blank. I am in Florida.

I just checked. The mux and all of the chs are playing just fine here in Texas. This is the mux that has JCTV, correct? I'm using a motorized 31" offset dish, if that matters.

Yeah it is weak, but I am getting it solid.
Congrats on first post! after all these years:)

Explain your set-up...Dish size, lnbf, receiver , etc.

I have a 30 inch dish, invacom universal quad lnb QDH-031 and these receivers Coolsat 8100 and Viewsat 9000. The signal strength was perfect in the morning then at 12:30 PM it started to fade in and out. Then signal lost. Now the signal is at its peak 25.

This is where TBN, JCTV, Church Channel are located. I had a strong signal post Isaac. From Tuesday until today. In fact, this transponder was stronger that the transponder where Daystar is located 11933/22000

FYI. If you go to Lyngsat and review the listings, I receive each and every one of them to perfection, even the weak transponders---- Daystar and CTNChristian TV from Tampa 12060/22000

Stations on 97w are typically MCPC (part of a group of stations called a MUX that are uplinked from one facility to a transponder. While a broadcaster's station may be in Florida, the channel is sent to the uplink facility to be placed on the satellite.

12060 is uplinked by RR Sat from Pennsylvania. 12177 is uplinked by Pittsburgh Communications, also located in Pennsylvania. You might check out the radar maps for western PA and see if major storms are passing through.

Stations on 97w are typically MCPC (part of a group of stations called a MUX that are uplinked from one facility to a transponder. While a broadcaster's station may be in Florida, the channel is sent to the uplink facility to be placed on the satellite.

12060 is uplinked by RR Sat from Pennsylvania. 12177 is uplinked by Pittsburgh Communications, also located in Pennsylvania. You might check out the radar maps for western PA and see if major storms are passing through.

I thought that may be an issue - a weather problem, I will check that.

On a related note, does anyone know where are the GoSat and STN Uplink facilities are located? 12028 every now and then comes in looking choppy, although it has a good signal.

I checked PITCOMM's other transponders on Galaxy 19 and they work fine good signal strength- 11836 and 12122 - work fine. only 12177 does not receive any signal. I adjusted the freq TP from 12177 through 12185 and no signal.

Just a thought. If you had rain and wind, maybe got some moisture in the coax? Being that TP is weaker , might now have enough loss to 'loose it' while the others are still strong enough to be OK. Maybe a temporary receiver 'at the dish' to see if it is OK there.

Thank you for your responses. The issue is solved. The two issues were the dish was not secured to the roof one of the bolts was not fastened and the LNB needed to be turned to the right since it shifted.
God Bless You all for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)