Galaxy 27

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cameron12

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Missouri
Can someone help me with a 4DTV designator for Galaxy 27 and Galaxy 17 satellites, It is looped with my Sat Cruiser.

Last edited:
That can be tricky? G27 (@ 129) was originally Telstar 7, known as T7. But, it had a massive failure a few years back and they switched all 4dtv services to IA13 (@ 121, now known as G23) and Re-Named this bird to T7 in a 4dtv. As far as I know, there are no 4dtv services on G27? But, there are on G23.
Gallaxy 17 is/was a Re-Placement for SBS6 (@ 74), it is currently being re-located and has been re-placed with Horizon2. The 4dtv knew this satellite as B6. As far as I know, there are no 4dtv services on H2?
Hope this helps!

I would, but I use T7 for the Sportsmans Channel.It would have been a common courtesy for Motorola to remap L7.

I know all of what you said, but I use T7 for my FTA Sportsmans Channel, I had this in at one time ( White Springs TV ), I wish Motorola would have remapped L7.

You do know you can use T7 @ 121, even though it's C-Band and still get the Ku channels on your Sat Cruiser, as long as a ku lnb (lnbf) is connected to it and the polarity is right for the channel you want.

Excuse me, I'm confusing myself, hope I'm not confusing you, I use X9 for 129 to get White Springs. I use it to get me there and use the right (meaning correct) polarity to get White Springs.

Last edited:
I think part of the problem is that many of the old 2 digital analog designators were confusing for 4DTV users. I remember trying to figure what to program G10 with on my Uniden Ultra for example for use with my old 905. Just when you have everything memorized they switch satellites or rename new ones.

At least with the analog receiver I have, I can custom name most sats with the Ultra I still use. ( Thanks Jim ) To this day I have never moved my dish with my 922, I still use an Ultra. I use the tiles on the 922 for changing sats, but everything is stored at position 5000. I know this probably sounds crazy but I like it this way. I guess a carryover from using a 905 for so long.

I have T7 for G23, X9 for AMC 9, IK for AMC G27, K9 for AMC 16, KC for AMC 15 and I1 for what ever 148 is. I have found out when using G9 for G13 C Band I can bump it a bit to the west and get Horizans 1 Ku. I used to have X9 for H1, but found that there was very little on H1 and it did me more good having X9 for AMC 9. I guess it comes down to what ever your preference is.

Al,

I don't know if I have told you, but the labeling system I came up with on the Satworks is way better on the Traxis. There was 7 character limit on the Satworks, there are 17 on the Traxis. I have them labled by call letters/channel name, network, old/new satellite name. Life is a lot easier now.:)

Al,

I don't know if I have told you, but the labeling system I came up with on the Satworks is way better on the Traxis. There was 7 character limit on the Satworks, there are 17 on the Traxis. I have them labled by call letters/channel name, network, old/new satellite name. Life is a lot easier now.:)
That's Good to hear. Have you retired the Satworks, or are you using both receivers? If using both, are they both connected up, or are you swapping them out?

Have you retired the Satworks, or are you using both receivers?

My local satellite guy who is a good friend had a major heart attack and can not work. He has done so much for me in the past at no charge, well...a few beers, I figured out what was wrong with the 3688 and I gave it to him. He didn't know much about FTA, so I got him hooked real quick. He is good at working on electronics and determined that the 3618 and 3688 were exactly the same parts wise, the only difference is the software. I had to agree with him since I once changed the 3618 to a 3688. The 3618 had a short somewhere in the wiring so I gave that to him also, for parts. Hell, I didn't them, so that's my way of giving something back to someone that's been good for me.

As the older guys who can't work anymore and do steerable dish systems are gone, the world is getting hard up for people who are knowledgeable about tracking the arc -etc.

The world has gone to "fixed dish" systems - BOOO!

The world has gone to "fixed dish" systems - BOOO!
I know what you mean...... (D* & E*)

But, loving ITC feeds as much as I do, and I'm just getting into (about a year now) fixed dishes using switches for some of these feeds, I would never exchange my motors for fixed only, but using both is quite pleasing.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)