Galaxy 28 Cband

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotdog842

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Trying to get galaxy 28 c band rtn channels. I have a coolsat 5k & 6k . there is no listing for a c band sat @ 89deg w. so i added 1 and put in the transponder information but nothing. I am currently recieving Galaxy 3 c band with no problem.
I have a 10" perfect 10. Will these recievers pick up this sat? I if not what recievers will.

Thanks

The RTN channels on G28 are DVB-S2, you won't be able to view those with your Coolsats.

Some of the receivers that are capable of DVB-S2 reception are Diamond 9000, Pansat 9200 w/addon board and Coolsat 8000 (I think), and there are PC cards that will get them also.

You need a receiver capable of DVB-S2 reception, and, unfortunately, yours aren't.

Current choices include the Diamond 9000 HD, Coolsat 8000, and Pansat 9200 with the correct adaptor card included.

A good number of us use the Diamond, its not very elegant or user-friendly, and would be a chore for someone not used to it, but we all learned, you can too! :up

what about the nfusion neuveno
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fully Complies with ATSC HDTV (VSB) & DVB-S MPEG 2[/FONT]
will this work?

what about the nfusion neuveno
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fully Complies with ATSC HDTV (VSB) & DVB-S MPEG 2[/FONT]
will this work?

I'm not familiar with that receiver but I'm going to say no, that it won't do DVB-S2.

DVB-S MPEG2 is not the same thing as DVB-S2.

The 3 boxes that stogie and I mentioned are all proven performers, and you can find a lot of info on them by searching the forums. :)

I use the Pansat 9200 and the Svideo to my 51" big screen (non HD) and the 1 or 2 HD channels I normaly get look great for what I have.

quick coolsat 8000 question related to a service on the satellite in this thread.

The "features" list I found for the coolsat 8000 say "MPEG-4 DVB compliant". the specs I found don't mention anything about MPEG-4 compliant.

Will this receiver decode and display properly H.264 MPEG-4 video or just MPEG-2 video?

Both my Diamond 9000 and CS 8100 have done every H.264/MPEG-4 channel I've tried, on about 8 different sats. The only problems I've ever had was on one of the channels ICE mentioned above, I had a bit of flickering, however I later found that my LNB had been damaged by lightning, and the flickering went away after the LNB was replaced. Also, one day last summer, I discovered nearly 100 MPEG4 DN channels FTA on 2 different DN sats, one of which was the above, however they were all hidden channels, ie they weren't listed in the PAT/PMT, so they won't scan in. At the time, my Coolsat was broken due to the lightning strike, but it occurred to me that the Coolsat doesn't seem to have any way of specifying MPEG4 if you have to create a manual channel. I didn't have time to experiment with this, because the channels didn't stay FTA very long after I found them, plus by the time I got a working replacement for the Coolsat, the channels were mostly scrambled, and were no longer hidden, so I never got a chance to try. Anyway, I think it would be good to experiment a bit to insure that we have a way to create manual channels for mpeg4 channels, in the event that more of these hidden channel appear. I guess they don't have to be actually hidden to try this. I think it might work with the Diamond, but I don't think it will work with the Coolsat. I may try this tomorrow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts