Galaxy 3C 95W (beam south)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directvcinci

Original poster
Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Maybe this is most asked question but I do really need answers please.
Background: I brought from Venezuela a "pre-pay" DTV box (LR-16) fully activated and I really want to be able to watch my local channels here where I live now: Cincinnati Ohio. I called DTV international and I was able to get a DIRECTV International Dish Antenna with LNBFs for 95W and 101W (DTV66E) with a multiswitch 6x8 Ms6X8R1-03. The international dish is connected to the LR-16 receiver only. When I turn on the receiver and check the signal it only gets trasponders from 95 (0) Bean West but nothing from 95 (1) Beam South which based on my understanding is where the transponder from LatinAmerica area.

Any think that you may think that is wrong with my current set up? do I really need to get a round dish or something different for the LR-16 to work?

Reactions: ricky141271
You need to go back to Venezuela..the spotbeam wont reach that far north. Its latin america only

do you got any answer or solution ? i have the same problem only receive the 95 (0) Bean West but nothing from 95 (1) Beam South

do you got any answer or solution ? i have the same problem only receive the 95 (0) Bean West but nothing from 95 (1) Beam South
What part of Iceberg's answer did you need further clarification on? It was very clear in what he stated, in what the solution is.

:welcome to Satelliteguys itest!

As was stated, the only way to receive that signal is to be much farther south than Ohio. If you really are in Venezuela, you should be able to receive it.

It is a logic answer but when i check the footprint make confuse. I am in Toronto and If i check the footprint here Satbeams.com/footprints?norad=32018 , According to my location i see that i have the same footprint for Latin America Vertical beam (South) and Latin America Horizontal beam (west). But either if are almost the same i can see only the Horizontal beam.

It is a logic answer but when i check the footprint make confuse. I am in Toronto and If i check the footprint here Satbeams.com/footprints?norad=32018 , According to my location i see that i have the same footprint for Latin America Vertical beam (South) and Latin America Horizontal beam (west). But either if are almost the same i can see only the Horizontal beam.

The footprints show what the satellite design is capable of transmitting. But, the beams are variable power and may either not be in service or may be operating at reduced power. So, maybe the vertical is not being used or is operating at lower power. The vertical and horizontal beams are usually very close to identical in shape.

First, your link is to the wrong satellite. That one is for Spaceway 3.

GC3 is here:

http://satbeams.com/footprints?beam=6875

Also Satbeams' data is somewhat wrong;

The footprints they show labeled "Ku-band Latin America Horizontal and Vertical beam" both belong to Beam Oeste (West or the "95(0)" listings on the S.S. screen) and use circular polarization R/LHCP, not linear H/V.

You also have the wrong equipment as you seem to be trying to receive this beam with the DIRECTV 95W dish which uses a linear LNB intended to receive only horizontal polarized signals on a North American + PR beam from 95W for their World Direct International service. So you are likely getting the LHCP channel set of Beam Oeste on the H. pol. linear LNB.

This is not only improper and grossly inefficient receiving circularly pol. signals on a linear LNB, but you cannot receive the RHCP channel set since the linear LNB on the WD dish is always fixed on the H. pol.

Thanks HoTat2
i found your explanation very interesting.
my LNB is for circular signal but maybe my problem is that i have an oval (elliptical) dish 36'x24'

maybe that is why i lost the Sur beam on the R polarization. i will try a circular dish because is the only difference that i could see to get all the circular polarization from 95w Galaxy 3C

any other suggestions are welcome

Last edited:
itest, have you tried something different since last year?..... I still have the hope since I have friends living in Toronto who are watching Directv with a Latinamerica recevier :O(

itest, have you tried something different since last year?..... I still have the hope since I have friends living in Toronto who are watching Directv with a Latinamerica recevier :O(
Watching D* from where you are is one thing, watching your original LOCALS as you were asking about, will NOT happen, due to them being a much smaller spotbeam.

and I have the LNB provided in LatinAmerica which are Eagle Aspen model 6600020 and LNB #SF6-LA model. I have also contacted Birdog support who has added the right settings in their web to be downloaded.

Ok, your saying you have a friend in Toronto that is able to watch Locals from Venezuela ?

IF, thats the case, the only way I could see that happening is if the Venezuela locals are on CONUS instead of Spotbeams.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts