Galaxy S III

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
I want one mommy I want one!!!!!

Samsung Galaxy S III: Meet the New Android Emperor

But before we get bogged down with the glossy stuff, let's talk hardware. The 4.8-inch display is a Super AMOLED panel with 720 x 1280 (306ppi) resolution, and inserted just above that display? Why, it's a 1.9MP forward-facing camera which shoots 720p video. Over on the Galaxy S III's backside, it's got a simple 8MP camera that can shoot 1080p video. But don't let that lowly sensor number put you off - Samsung's got a few camera tricks in store this time, which I'll touch on in a minute.
Running on one of Samsung's beastly new 1.4GHz Exynos 4 Cortex-A9 quad-core chips, it comes with 1GB of RAM, and a choice of either 16, 32 or 64GB internal storage configurations (all of which also let you chuck a microSD card up to 64GB in, as well.)

---

And it also comes stock with a 2100m battery.

I hope(!) sprint gets one, and also does a "World Phone/LTE" version (I.E. CDMA/LTE/GSM).

64G Internal *AND* a MicroSD.... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

All of this in a body that weighs 133grams, measures 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm, and houses a 2100mAh battery; Samsung's first smartphone with a battery that size.

not much bigger then my fascinate (galaxy S)

might be the replacement

I think the choice was quad core without LTE or dual core with LTE. I am not certain of that though.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

In looking at this phone it actually seems like a nice phone, but is it enough to have me get rid of my iPhone again and move back to an Android platform?

I would say the answer is no.

While I enjoyed my time with my EVO I was very happy when I went back on the iOS platform with the iPhone 4S. In a number of aspects the EVO and Android platform was much better then the iPhone, but the iPhone was more polished, easier to use and more importantly had all my music and apps from my iPad. I think that the amount I invested in my music and apps is a good reason why it will keep many people stick to the iOS platform. I think the iOS platform will have to fall WAY behind the Android platform before many people leave it.

Did Samsung do enough to steal away Apple fans? I would say at this point no.. but the techy in me does like what he sees in the way of the hardware.

This looks like a nice phone. I also really like the looks of the new HTC One. Getting the urge to play again so I may have to use my daughters upgrade to get one of these.

JAG72 said:
This looks like a nice phone. I also really like the looks of the new HTC One. Getting the urge to play again so I may have to use my daughters upgrade to get one of these.

Serves her right for not moving the yard! ;)

Wondering how long it will be till the competing platforms come up with a way to transfer your music and whatnot from one platform to another.
This would be a HUGE step for the competing platform.

I have the Note, and I have to say, these 4.5 and I will assume the 4.8 inch screens are now too small for me. I picked up the Skyrocket last week and it felt way too small..

if it's like the galaxy s 2, all of the major ones.

it's nice that they upgraded the display on the new galaxy, my office phone is an s 2 and that is the weakest part of the phone.

I'll certainly consider the galaxy s 3 on sprint. truth be told I'll probably wait the full 2 years this time as the photon is serving my needs quite well. my only disappointment with the full time is it hasnt had much support from the developer community.

meanwhile, the galaxy series that's a broad and rich developer base.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Meh.

Pebble Blue? No thanks. White? Not a chance.

Looks like the HTC One X stays on top of my list...and it has a better screen than the S3 anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)