Galaxy S III

Ha! My friend is so funny, but I try not to laugh in his face. He bought a refurbed Galaxy S6 for around $170 from Gazelle and then sat on it for half a year while his S3 keep getting worse and worse. He finally went to the AT&T store for a new nanoSIM and then was upset that none of his Contacts were on the new phone. I had to do some research (phoned the coworker with the S8) and used the Samsung Smart Switch app on both devices to transfer everything he had on the old phone to the "new" one.

So now my friend has a three year old phone that won't go past Nougat (7.0) and the last Security Update was from March of this year. I'm not crazy about that, but he's so blown away by this new-to-him Galaxy S6 with a screen that is full color and uncracked that I'll hold my tongue. I told him he needs to get some sort of case on this phone since it's glass on the front and back and a lot more slippery than his old phone. He charges wirelessly and the old pone ended up on the ground more than once due to vibrating alerts while on the Qi charger. He started to put a rubber band to keep the phone on the charging pad.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that offered suggestions.

How in the world do people "lose" their contacts when they switch phones ? If you have an iPhone, you need an Apple ID to download apps from the App Store, so you automatically have an iCloud account. At a minimum, sync your contacts through it ! Same with Android phones, you need a Google account for the Play Store, which means you can back-up/sync your contacts in Google too.

Reactions: Foxbat
its possible to enter the contact as phone contacts and not tied to the gmail acocunt (my wife is guilty of this)

its possible to enter the contact as phone contacts and not tied to the gmail acocunt (my wife is guilty of this)
How ? It doesn't appear to be possible on an iPhone but I do recall that on Android many years ago. May still be the case but I don't use Android as much nowadays. I also recalled that 'where' you selected to save it, be it a cloud account, a built-in app, etc, it would kinda become the default, which was good or bad. If you selected a phone app, all future contacts you add will go there. I don't know if that was an HTC, Samsung, etc thing though.

well this thread is about the s3, and i can say it was possible on the s3, s4, and s5
either me or the wife has had one of them.

its even an option on my s7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts