Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
After having my dish on IA5 all winter today I went outside and messed around with my dish a bit. I was on a mission to try picking up one of the winters most talked about satellites G10R.

I took out my sons 19 inch TV my receiver and some tools.

I was disapointed to find out that something broke in my motor over the winter, if I try moving over to the west about halfway to the west the entire arm just flops to the right. If I push it back up it clicks into place. and I am able to move it again.

But anyways I set up my receiver looking for transponder 1 of G10R and tuned the dish on the pole (I loosened it up) after about 15 minutes of finding other satellites, I finally fell on it (Actually by accident!) but now I am locked on G10R!

I scanned the satellite and was AMAZED what I found, I wateched a few shows from RTN (The Retro TV Network) this afternoon and after that I found one station which makes this all worthwild RETRO JAMS! Holy crap if I would have know this station was this good I would have went out there in the two feet of snow to find this bird!

I must admit it was kind of hard to get the RetroJam channel come in it seems like this is on the weakest transponder. I was unable to pick it up at 64 on my signal meter I had to go and just push gently on the dish to bring the signal level up to 68 and now it locks in fine with no dropouts. (The rest of the satellites signals are good from 80 to 97!)

I must say I am really kicking myself for not tuning this one in earlier!

So for now since my motor seems to have crapped out I am leaving it locked here, who knows maybe at the Satellite Expo this week I will find a deal on a new motor, but for now I am loving G10R! This is good stuff! :)

GLAD to hear it Scott, if you like Retro Jams you would have LOVED "The Tube"

G10R is defiantly the satellite you want to be parked on for now!

Why didnt you tell me this before? :D

I am loving this RetroJams, videos I havent seen in years! No commercials! Wide aray of music

The Buggles with Video Killed the Radio Star (Which was the first video played on MTV)
Hughes Company with Rock the Boat
Elvis singing Cant help falling in love with you
Tears For Fears with Everybody wants to rule the world
Wang chung with... umm Wang Chung :)

This is a great channel and a great satellite. :D

Scott
Welcome to the G10 family :)

yes that transponder with Retro Jams has signal issues due to Echo 9 TP1 being near the same frequency and same polarity...it overpowers this TP :(

Also, if you are a baseball fan, a few of the channels have games
Royals
Astros
Rangers
Cardinals
Mets
Yan.....oh wait...your a Sox fan :)

I agree with Pete, while Retrojams is good, The Tube was incredible! Like the OLD MTV (or maybe even better!) I'm strongly considering a C-band dish just to get it back :) If Equity ever moves from G-10 completely (as has been rumored for a year or so now), I'll have to set up for C-band anyway.

Tron
If Equity moves, I'm screwed. I can get a 45-48 quality on G3 but the picture breaks up so bad I cant watch it

Iceberg said:
Tron
If Equity moves, I'm screwed. I can get a 45-48 quality on G3 but the picture breaks up so bad I cant watch it
That is so strange. It reminds me of the ABC News thing, where the transponder was pegging the meter but was unwatchable due to breakup...

It is weird Tron....when I moved my C-abdn to G3 I would get a 48 quality on my Pansat (30 is threshold) but the signals were like if it was a 15.

Conversely, the nets on G4 I can get with a STABLE 32 with no issues...heck, it even goes down to about 15 before it craps out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts