Game recommendations for XBOX 360?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Hey guys, I just rented an XBOX 360 for a week to entertain guests (adults and their kids too) that are coming to our New Year party. I am going to rent some games at a local Blockbuster. Could someone recommend something good for total newbies?
Thanks in advance!

Although it isn't a 360 title - Halo & Halo 2 titles are great multiplayer games.

Burnout 2 is pretty good also.

Although it isn't a 360 title - Halo & Halo 2 titles are great multiplayer games.

Burnout 2 is pretty good also.
Sorry for a dumb question, do old XBOX games play on the 360?

I see the rental unit comes with a composite video cable only. I guess I will have to buy a component cable to get HD... :(

Burnout 2 is a 360 game.. one of the more fun multiplayer games..

also the stupid burger king games crack me up.. so far I only played the bumper car one and its fun for multiplayer..

Fight night 3 rocks .. though it takes a while to get a handle on the controls..

Dark Zero is pretty good for co-op play..

Viva Pinata - very kid friendly and a deep game for adults.

Project Gotham Racing - excellent racing game

Burger King games - $4 each not deep but fun for a few minutes

Gears of War - adults only, but a beautiful HD picture and excellent game. 3rd person shooter

Viva Pinata is a great game, but it really is for one person at a time and that one person is not going to want to get off the XBox for many hours.

Most original Xbox games play on Xbox 360 but you need to have it hooked up to the internet for it to download patches for each game you play that isn't 360. Here is a list of xbox 1 games that play on 360.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Call of Duty 3 is cool game to impress guests.

Tennis is a fun party game it also includes some tennis related party games.

Project Gotham Racing 3 is awesome.

Sonic the Hedgehog is also fun and kids like to watch and even play.

2k Sports MBL Baseball 2006

I have been playing 1 game per every 3 nites ever since the world series ended!

I think this is one of the worst sports sims ever created. I do like the pitching but everything else was terrible.

I do recommend College Hoops 2K7.

Graw ( Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter ) is a great game. I play it online with 3 of my friends at leat once a week. I'll 2nd Lego Star Wars II. Kids enjoy it.

At the risk of sounding lame, Table Tennis is great! Its made by Rockstar, same company that does the Grand Theft Auto series. Very cool gameplay though!

Gears of War is definetely a must for any 360 owner. Great game and most importantly, very godd story-line.
As for FIFA 07 I play it but i don't like it but I siggest it anyway, is a good online game. The AI on this version (360) of the game is bad, unlike the PC version, which is very good, the game lacks in variety of moves. Rumor has it that the Xbox360 version was rushed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)