Gamers On AT&T U-Verse Internet?

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Ok I just switched to them have not gotten U-Verse installed yet just did our phone and internet well we only have 2 providers here AT&T and Sudden Link. Well being a gamer I hope I did not just shoot myself in the foot by going with them do to I guess I failed to look at their DATA CAP for home internet at 250GB a month. Anyone game with U-Verse Internet and have any issues every going over their Cap?? :(

My data cap with Cox Cable San Diego is 250 GB as well, which I didn't even pay attention to until I had to redownload all my digital content on to my new PS3 HDD this past spring. I did it over two and a half months, and even then exceeded 100 GB only once (otherwise my usage is in the 25-50 GB range/month). It's worth noting most of my gaming purchases are digital these days (including the free games I get as a PS Plus member), and I regularly stream Netflix in their Super HD quality. However, other than standard browsing, watching YouTube videos, and emailing photos and manuscripts (I'm a book editor), I don't really use my Internet for much else. I do live alone, however, and don't play games online very often.

Ok I just switched to them have not gotten U-Verse installed yet just did our phone and internet well we only have 2 providers here AT&T and Sudden Link. Well being a gamer I hope I did not just shoot myself in the foot by going with them do to I guess I failed to look at their DATA CAP for home internet at 250GB a month. Anyone game with U-Verse Internet and have any issues every going over their Cap?? :(

Most gaming actually does not use that much, so you should be well under, even with that and a good amount of video streaming

Most gaming actually does not use that much, so you should be well under, even with that and a good amount of video streaming

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well... I just kind of panic for a second due to I have never had any type of data cap and I really don't download load movies or tons of data. I buy the movies I want on Blu-Ray most of my data is YouTube Email might stream music from time to time just basic stuff. I figured gaming would not eat up that much data. I plan on downloading more games when I buy them like BF4 since I will be doubling my speed but besides that it should be really just basic stuff. Ok feel better now so thanks for the feedback... :)

Yeah you'll be fine. Gaming requires fast speeds more than anything just to keep stuff in sync, not to transfer tons of data. And companies are constantly looking at ways to make the most efficient use of the bandwidth.