GameSwap what do you think?

Because DirecTV HDDVR+ is not a DirecTivo?.That's my guess.

:confused: Just because it's not a DirecTiVo it can't have a simple always on no questions asked dual live buffer? DirecTV is just about the only provider who's DVRs don't currently have dual live buffers. No one else seemed to have trouble replicating that functionality. Is there something about the HR2x platform that makes it uniquely incapable of simply doing something without a bunch of intervention?

:confused: Just because it's not a DirecTiVo it can't have a simple always on no questions asked dual live buffer? DirecTV is just about the only provider who's DVRs don't currently have dual live buffers. No one else seemed to have trouble replicating that functionality. Is there something about the HR2x platform that makes it uniquely incapable of simply doing something without a bunch of intervention?

With the new HD DirecTivo coming out in the 1st half of 2010 that's my guess.My other guess is to accommodate upcoming features.Tell me what other company will have an HDDVR with access to 2-90 minute live buffers?.;)

It seems to me that having a 2 hour time limit on DoublePlay with a anykeypress(except Volume &Mute) reactivation feature is basically no different than having DoublePlay be active when you come out of Standby and go off when you go into Standby.The only difference I see is the DirecTV subscriber that gets upset at DirecTV because they forgot to touch a key on the remote control for 2 hours.

So in the interest of making a feature better DirecTV should consider making DoublePlay active coming out of Standby and off(deactivate) going into Standby.

I also would like this to be active for more than 2 hours at a time. Maybe 12 hours at a time or something as described in other posts... 2/4/6/8/12/always ... something else. I've turned it on and left the house only to find that it was lost when I got home which was very disappointing and frustrating. I could have recorded the 2 programs, but didn't know I'd be gone so long.

Also, I ordinarily get very frustrated trying to get the 2 programs set up right. Down arrow twice when I'm on the first channel I want buffered. It then auto-tunes to 201... enter the number of the other channel I want buffered... no, that's wrong and I just lost all the buffering on the channel I started on. Then I start getting lost and quickly frustrated. I guess I just need to practice, but it should be more intuitive. The auto-tune to 201 needs to go, then I think it would fix my trouble. Leave me where I am so I can switch to the other channel right away.

I also would like this to be active for more than 2 hours at a time. Maybe 12 hours at a time or something as described in other posts... 2/4/6/8/12/always ... something else. I've turned it on and left the house only to find that it was lost when I got home which was very disappointing and frustrating. I could have recorded the 2 programs, but didn't know I'd be gone so long.

Also, I ordinarily get very frustrated trying to get the 2 programs set up right. Down arrow twice when I'm on the first channel I want buffered. It then auto-tunes to 201... enter the number of the other channel I want buffered... no, that's wrong and I just lost all the buffering on the channel I started on. Then I start getting lost and quickly frustrated. I guess I just need to practice, but it should be more intuitive. The auto-tune to 201 needs to go, then I think it would fix my trouble. Leave me where I am so I can switch to the other channel right away.

Having adjustments available would be a good idea.

Then again, you could just RECORD it if your leaving the house. :)

The question has been asked if DirecTV will change the 2 hour timeout feature and as far as I have read answered....No.Reasons given are that DirecTV needs to use the background tuner for downloading Top Movies to Showcases.If you are using the remote that action will reset the 2 hour timeout feature,anykeypress(except volume and mute will reset it) so it is possible to keep DoublePlay active until you put your DVR in standby unless you record a program.;)

Another reason maybe to make a feature your own it has to be changed so it is not like any other feature anywhere else,then it could be patented as your own.;)

Tivo uses the alternate tuner for data downloads and they manage to have dual buffers active always. The solution is to have both tuners buffering and prompt that the OTHER tuner is about to switch to a different channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)