Gates and Ballmer: What's on their Xboxes

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
LAS VEGAS--When Steve Ballmer fires up his Xbox 360, he reaches for the NBA 2K6 basketball game. Bill Gates, who played his console for about 100 hours over the holidays, prefers the Project Gotham car racing game.

"Fortunately I had some young kids around who were showing me around all this stuff," Gates said in an interview with CNET News.com. "I played a lot of Project Gotham, a lot of Hexic, a lot of Zuma."

What both Microsoft executives said they like is that their company is first this time. After playing catch-up to Sony in the last round of the console wars, Gates and Ballmer said they're happy to be well ahead of Sony's PlayStation 3, which is expected to arrive later this year.

We know what it's like to go second," Gates said. "We've tried that."

Last time around, Microsoft was both second to Sony and had a somewhat more costly machine. All told, it cost Microsoft billions to get in the game.

This time around, Ballmer and Gates have the lead, for the moment, giving both men some time to enjoy the fruits of their labors.

Ballmer said Xbox 360 has been welcome at home.

"Unlike Xbox 1, my wife thinks it's a good addition to the house," Ballmer said, adding that Microsoft hopes to reach more women, as well as a broader age range, with the new console, thanks in part to the "arcade" feature, which offers downloadable casual games that don't have the steep learning curve of traditional game titles.

Despite some early experience, neither Gates nor Ballmer claims to be a pro. The two came onstage at the Consumer Electronics Show here to show off "Fight Night: Round 3," from EA Sports, opting for a staged fight rather than a test of their own pugilistic skills.

That didn't stop a little verbal sparring as the two pantomimed their fight.

"Thirty years I've been training for this opportunity," quipped Ballmer.

"You've got the weight on me, I'll give you that," Gates retorted.

It is the Xbox 360's new basketball game that was a hit with at least one of Ballmer's three sons. "My son comes up to me the other night, 'Dad, the guys start perspiring in a few minutes...just the way they're supposed to; that is really awesome, dad.'"

http://news.com.com/Gates+and+Ballmer+Whats+on+their+Xboxes/2100-1043_3-6022081.html?tag=nefd.top

I refuse to believe bill gates spent 100 hours playing 360 with CES coming up and all the stuff going on at microsoft with the media centers, Vista, new WMF flaws, etc...

REFUSE TO BELEIVE...Bill Gates is the worst geek ever...

Purogamer said:
I refuse to believe bill gates spent 100 hours playing 360 with CES coming up and all the stuff going on at microsoft with the media centers, Vista, new WMF flaws, etc...

REFUSE TO BELEIVE...Bill Gates is the worst geek ever...

Well he may not have done it but if I had that money I sure as hell would be.

It was obvious that they weren't really playing. They looked like button mashers, pushing frantically while the players were perfectly performing onscreen.

Even so, a lot of interesting stuff. And no comical blue screen of death interruptions this time.....

A much better presentation than their XBox360 E3 show which was awful....

I guess Ballmer finally got his 360. There were news stories before XMas that said he couldn't find one anywhere (and he was prohibited from getting a freebie due to SEC rules)

Those xbox BSOD's are really funny though...oops, not enough memory, heh, nobody notice...

I'd love to rip bill gates a new one for being the worst geek ever but the guy just gives so much money away that it's hard to hate him...

He and Charlie have a lot in common. In an effort to be on the cutting edge, they keep releasing buggy code before it is ready, and then start hyping what is coming next without fixing the current generation's products properly....

BobMurdoch said:
There were news stories before XMas that said he couldn't find one anywhere (and he was prohibited from getting a freebie due to SEC rules)
Hmmm, "engineering sample" comes to mind there.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts