gateway m1625 mother board

rhdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
I had my laptop go Belly up on me last week. It will not power up. adapter tests good, and it is looking like it is a mother board issue. Problem is I can not find a mother board on line anywhere. the "official" Gateway parts sites do not even list them. A search on ebay turned up nothing. I have not torn in to it yet, but may have no option. Can anyone help me get started or point me in the right direction.

Last edited:
You are probably going to be out of luck. Perhaps you could find a used broken one of the same model that has something else wrong with it. The laptop market is pretty much unrepairable after a couple years.

I usually take an extended warranty on laptops for just this problem (manufacturer not store ones). With desktops everything is standard and you can replace any part pretty easily that breaks. With laptops it is amazing how little standardization there is, once something is out of production they make just enough spare parts to cover what they expect for warranty repairs and that is it.

My experience with laptop warranties is that after a couple years they usually just give you a new laptop since they ran out of parts to fix yours.

I don't know what they'd charge you but have you tried calling GATEWAY to see what they'd charge you to troubleshoot and try to fix it ? Maybe it's not the motherboard. You're just guessing it's the motherboard.

Just came back from local shop , verified bad motherboard and they could not find one to replace it. The extended warranty was 250.00 More than half of what a new laptop cost me, it did not seem the cost effiencient. Gateway sends you to other sites for parts, which none had a motherboard. quick scan on internet found none. Replaced with Dell, I will try to work on dead one myself and try to find MB online.

Replaced with Dell, I will try to work on dead one myself and try to find MB online.

Once the old laptop gets replaced with a new one the bad motherboard is just gonna lay around collecting dust. You might has well just take the old laptop some place to be recycled now.

Many times I've had good intentions to try and fix an old printer, or an old computer, or an old TV, but once I have a new one I never go back and try to do anything with the old one.

I've even had family members keeps old worn out broken washers or dryers around with the good intentions of fixing it up on their own and giving it to ol' Uncle Joe, or their sister's cousin's best friend some day. About 5-10 years later the old appliance(s) got hauled away by the garbage collector.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)