gbox 3000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
I got my gbox 2 days ago and setup the c band this afternoon. Had to have my wife lift it up on the pole. Set the elevation 1.5 deg higher than where i lived up north and hooked up the gbox and cs4000 pro and had to keep clicking the remote till I got near my true south sat (87) and had put in the proper freq and I hit My Network. Is there a way to hold the move east and west button down or do you have to use the 1 click for one bump movement? After I tuned in 87 AMC 3 I named it and resynked it. Even went into the cs and set it up for 1.2 and saved My Network as a favorite but it would not move after I moved it off to the east and choose My network channel it did not come back to it.
Can I use switches before or after the gbox? I have 2 lnbs on the c band. Also want to add a dual linear ku lnb on the side of the scalar. Could I hook up from the gbox to a zinwell 6x8 then 4 coax from the zinwell to the 2 cband and 2 coax to the dual ku?
progress.gif
Any suggestions? Do I need more than one sat setup as 1.2? thanks for any tips.

Last edited:
Don't know if you ever found any answers or not, I've been away for about a month and I'm just seeing this. I don't have a Gbox (operational at the moment), so I'll stay out of that. But, it's best to have switches between the motor and the lnb's. That zinwell should work fine.

At this time I have only one coolsat 4000 pro in the c band system. I have a 7.5 mesh dish with dual c band lnbf on it with a ku linear attached to the scalar. I have 4 coax going down to a 1x4 diseqc switch then to gbox then to receiver. The gbox is in the middle of the system. I have the cs4000 set up as diseqc 1.0 and I do not think it is changing between the 4 ports on the switch. I get all same q and signal bars all the time. I assigned c band horz to port one, c vert port 2, ku horz port 3 and ku vert port 4. It is a dual ku lnb. I have 5 zinwell 6x8 ready to set this up for my household of 4 receivers but have not put a zinwell in this c band system yet. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• PICT0035.JPG
    PICT0035.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 145
In this particular case it may be easier to use your Zinwell 6x8 instead of a DiSEqC switch for the four LNB outputs you have on your BUD. But you may need a power inserter to get enough voltage to the vertical C-band LNB. Most like more than 13V. As with the DisEqC switch, in this set up the GBOX should be connected in between the receiver and the switch.

However I should point out that in a more complex system, where you have more than one motorized dish and all are controlled by a single receiver, the best and probably only way to do this is to have the GBOX or Ku motor after a DiSEqC switch that selects the dish. Something like 6x8, 4x8 or 4x4 switches can be used to connect to multiple LNBs and allow other receivers to be added. Putting the motor or controller after a DiSEqC switch really bothers people here, but it can be made to work reliably.

In this particular case it may be easier to use your Zinwell 6x8 instead of a DiSEqC switch for the four LNB outputs you have on your BUD. But you may need a power inserter to get enough voltage to the vertical C-band LNB. Most like more than 13V. As with the DisEqC switch, in this set up the GBOX should be connected in between the receiver and the switch.

However I should point out that in a more complex system, where you have more than one motorized dish and all are controlled by a single receiver, the best and probably only way to do this is to have the GBOX or Ku motor after a DiSEqC switch that selects the dish. Something like 6x8, 4x8 or 4x4 switches can be used to connect to multiple LNBs and allow other receivers to be added. Putting the motor or controller after a DiSEqC switch really bothers people here, but it can be made to work reliably.
I will only have one receiver running the c band. I have 3 other ku dishes that I will want to have there own zinwell . Not sure how I am going to do all this as far as the switches. I have my office and I ran 2 coax out from there and what I think I will do is control the c band from there and be able to connect from all the other receivers through zinwells. I will put a zinwell on each dish and connect to it via 1x4 diseqc attached to every receiver except the one controlling the cband.

Your plan sounds fine. Depending on how many receivers connect to the Zinwells, you have choices that may reduce cabling.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts