Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
The GDMX channels on 99W (3820 V 26000) are now 4:2:0 DVB. They have been 4:2:2 as long as I remember (4 years)

Yeah they're SD feeds but they are the syndicated shows that are either a day or two ahead or earlier times. These feeds the networks grab to insert their own commercials :)

6 channlels...1 scrambled 5 in the clear

Cool. No need to fire up the Digitrans anymore to watch them! :D

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Thats good to hear, it was one of the only muxes I use to watch on the AZbox that I couldnt get on the Manhattan. :)

I just noticed the same thing about an hour ago.. I did a blind scan using the Manhattan and was surprised to see the GDMX channels coming in!

I thought maybe the Manhattan did 4:2:2 ;)
Had to verify on the old Pansat 1500

Will the Manhattan do 4:2:0? If so, I need to flip through and see what is coming on these feeds. I have seen them scan in, but usually they didnt have anything on them. I wasnt really sure what they were.

The GDMX channels on 99W (3820 V 26000) are now 4:2:0 DVB. They have been 4:2:2 as long as I remember (4 years)

Yeah they're SD feeds but they are the syndicated shows that are either a day or two ahead or earlier times. These feeds the networks grab to insert their own commercials :)

6 channlels...1 scrambled 5 in the clear

Sounds like good news overall! :)

But...

I just bought a commercial receiver and this mux was going to be one of the
ways to justify the receiver if she found it!!!... ;)

its very possible they may go back to 4:2:2

this week and next starts the new season of syndicated shows (the shows usually on daytime) and new affiliates might be picking up the shows when they didn't before. So maybe this is a test thing so the affiliates know that they are receiving the channels properly.....

of course I hope I'm wrong and they are 4:2:0 from now on :)

this week and next starts the new season of syndicated shows...
... new affiliates might be picking up the shows when they didn't before.

Well if there are new affiliates, that would be a big clue.
Check back in two months.
That would be enough time to get 4:2:2-capable receivers in-house and on line.

Sounds like the situation where some programming goes unscrambled due to the affiliates not having the proper equipment. ;)

In smaller markets this is usually a moot point as these syndicated shows stay on the same network but in larger cities like Minneapolis we have 4 stations that show syndicated stuff (judge shows, talk shows etc) and they switch around each season.

Also these newer shows get picked up and maybe affiliates didnt have them before....I guess they gotta fill programming somehow :)

We need to begin posting a schedule now since the new season has begun. I'll post what I see during the night, but I'm not home during the day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)