Gears of War Judgment

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
I picked up my copy of Gear of War Judgment yesterday. I was only able to play about an hour or so of Overrun last night but I was having a good time. The first thing I noticed is that as the locusts you really have to coordinate and rush in as a team or you won't be able to get past the COG defenses and take out the objectives. When you spawn and try to rush in by yourself you will be lucky to even get close. The random player matchmaking was a mixed bag last night. Sometimes we had good teams and we could win. Other games it was everyone for themselves and we got steamrolled.

Since this is a brand new, popular Xbox game I figured some of the Satellite guys have to be playing. I was thinking it would be fun to get a group of us together for some Overrun, Survival, or even campaign co-op. I'm also open to regular versus mode but I don't usually spend as much time there mostly because I'm average at best. I don't need everyone to be super competitive, although that's fine too. I'm just looking for some light, casual, teamwork fun. Anyone is welcome to join in.

If anyone is interested my gamertag is Irish Ale King. Go ahead and add me and we can work out when and what modes everyone wants to play.

As big of a GoW fan that I am, I think that this game will take a while for me to get to. I'm still working on Metal Gear Revengeance (and no I don't think that's a word) and then it'll be a toss up between that and Bioshock Infinite as to which game gets to me first from Gamefly. With Gears 2 I played Horde mode until my eyes wanted to bleed. It was SOO much fun, and then with GoW 3 they over complicated it IMO with new weapons additions and setting up various barriers and such. Yes I understand why they did it but I preferred the simple "Bunker down and don't die" style of the 2nd one. If do pick it up (and the online community hasn't died out) I'll send out an invite.

As big of a GoW fan that I am, I think that this game will take a while for me to get to. I'm still working on Metal Gear Revengeance (and no I don't think that's a word) and then it'll be a toss up between that and Bioshock Infinite as to which game gets to me first from Gamefly. With Gears 2 I played Horde mode until my eyes wanted to bleed. It was SOO much fun, and then with GoW 3 they over complicated it IMO with new weapons additions and setting up various barriers and such. Yes I understand why they did it but I preferred the simple "Bunker down and don't die" style of the 2nd one. If do pick it up (and the online community hasn't died out) I'll send out an invite.

I hear ya. I'm struggling to get through all the games on my shelf too. Right now I'm shufflung between Tomb Raider on PC (it looks amazing), Far Cry 3, Starcraft 2, and now Gears. I got Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite free from AMD when I built my first PC a few weeks ago and I have been more excited for Bioshock than any game in years. I have always had a soft spot for Gears of War though so that is first on my list right now.

Off topic, but would you recommend gamefly? I don't know anyone who uses it but it seems like it could work for me since most my gaming tends to be in campaign mode and I don't replay most games once I beat them. I play on PS3, 360, PC and occasionally Vita.

Do they have new games on release date? I rented a few games when I had Blockbuster by mail but they didn't get most new releases for 4-6 months after release and then they were always rented out. If they are available on release date are you usually able to get them in a reasonable amount of time. I'm thinking about trying it out but it will be disappointing if new releases are hard to come by.

I love it. Typically I get games shipped out on release day, but there have been a few times I haven't, but I'd say 90% of the time I've received it. You need to make sure that you A: Have a slot open (obviously) and B: Have the game in your queue for a while before release. If you put a game into your queue the night before then odds are you won't receive it. But if you put it in 2-3+ months in advance you'll probably be fine. Also, if you stay a member for a while you get benefits like discounts on used games and also game bucks towards them, which you can combine. I got Dead Space 2 for $1.80. And their used games are quite cheap and more often than not work. Finally, you get the games in new packaging, meaning that unlike Gamestop where if you got a game like Madden, you'd probably not have the 1 time use code to unlock everything. With Gamefly you'll get those codes since they don't ship out boxes/instructions unless you buy. Oh and did I also mention they have a PC service as well? They bought DirectDrive a few years ago and they often have sales that are actually pretty good, as well as a decent sized library of games you can play for free. I replayed BioShock 1 on it a few months ago. All this for $15.99 a month if you just have 1 game, and $22.95 for 2 games (both of these include the free games as well.)

If you're interested please let me know so I can refer you and then we'll both get a free month of service.

I love it. Typically I get games shipped out on release day, but there have been a few times I haven't, but I'd say 90% of the time I've received it. You need to make sure that you A: Have a slot open (obviously) and B: Have the game in your queue for a while before release. If you put a game into your queue the night before then odds are you won't receive it. But if you put it in 2-3+ months in advance you'll probably be fine. Also, if you stay a member for a while you get benefits like discounts on used games and also game bucks towards them, which you can combine. I got Dead Space 2 for $1.80. And their used games are quite cheap and more often than not work. Finally, you get the games in new packaging, meaning that unlike Gamestop where if you got a game like Madden, you'd probably not have the 1 time use code to unlock everything. With Gamefly you'll get those codes since they don't ship out boxes/instructions unless you buy. Oh and did I also mention they have a PC service as well? They bought DirectDrive a few years ago and they often have sales that are actually pretty good, as well as a decent sized library of games you can play for free. I replayed BioShock 1 on it a few months ago. All this for $15.99 a month if you just have 1 game, and $22.95 for 2 games (both of these include the free games as well.)

If you're interested please let me know so I can refer you and then we'll both get a free month of service.

I wish I would have held off until I saw this for the referral but I signed up to try it out last night.

I also have been a big fan of gears and was looking very forward to this game. Bioshock was on the top of my list and two days after I pre ordered it my Xbox overheated (two left quadrants blinking red, 1st gen console with no hdmi out) so with my system being so out of warranty and out of date I'll wait until I'm able to get a new Xbox. Once I do I'd be down to team up. At least I've got dead space on the PS3 to play for the time being lol.

I picked it up last night. Haven't had time to check it out. My 2 boys played. I'm getting tried of Black Ops II. This will be a nice change.

I played a couple hours of campaign last night. I really like the added challenge of the declassified options. The only ones I'm tending to avoid are the declassified sections that add a time limit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts