Gen Question about organizing TT MP3 files

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

foneguy2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 28, 2005
Since TimeTrax can harvest well over 300 MP3 files each night, I wonder what others do to organize these.
+ Do you save them to a temp directory first then go through them one at a time later?
+ Do you listen to the start and end of each song for DJ talk?
+ Do you use other programs to fill in Genre, Title, etc.?
+ How do you minimize duplicates between new MP3 files from TimeTrax and your collection?
Just wondering what programs/processes you use to organize MP3's from TimeTrax...
Thanks
FG2

foneguy2 said:
Since TimeTrax can harvest well over 300 MP3 files each night, I wonder what others do to organize these.
+ Do you save them to a temp directory first then go through them one at a time later?
+ Do you listen to the start and end of each song for DJ talk?
+ Do you use other programs to fill in Genre, Title, etc.?
+ How do you minimize duplicates between new MP3 files from TimeTrax and your collection?
Just wondering what programs/processes you use to organize MP3's from TimeTrax...
Thanks
FG2

I am not exactly using TT to gather a music library, I use it to gather specials or concerts or interviews and so on.

I use JJ MP3 Renamer / Tagger to retag the mp3s to my liking.
Each recorded session uses the DATE stamp for the directory, so its not exactly like a temp folder, but if I recorded something, then its in its own directory labeled with DATE and Channel stamp.

Deeper, I use the counter option at the front of each track and artist then song title and at the end I use the date stamp and channel.

After programs are recorded - I tag the files the way I want, organize them to the final destination on the NAS that is shared thru the entire house and then import the files into iTunes (I do not let iTunes manage my music so I must do this manually) and then sync to the iPod when ready.

Each file is checked and quickly gone thru to see about the DJ/Commercial(xm tags) and so on and then use a program named MP3 Gain to adjust the level of the mp3 if needed.

If needed, I will edit the mp3 file in cool edit (the older version) and remove the talk or crap if I really like the special (like a Dave Matthews concert or something - or Ben Folds Five) I will completely use fade ins and outs so that its got a nice flow to it instead of harsh beginings and endings. But this is rare.

Thanks - that's the kind of info I was looking for (and I knew PhuckNut would respond).

FG2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts