General Instrument 450

Status
Please reply by conversation.

esm

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Hi,

I have a General Instrument Innovation 450i with an installed ChannelMaster 256 VM and I'm wondering if this thing has any value?

Thanks,

Ed

the 450i is a good c-band receiver if you have the remote but its usually costly to ship (usually in the $18 - $30 range so hampers selling). i see a few posted on ebay but i don't think they bring a very good price.

they are still good for moving the Big Dish (c-band) and can still receive a few analog channels / wild feeds. most of the Videocipher channels are either gone or slowly being phased out or switched over to Digicipher II.

good luck with it and welcome to the board

I have a Innovation 450i, how much is something like this worth? I got from a couple that has a broken satellite dish and didnt want to fix it. It was manufactured in 1998 and is in excellent condition for its age. Any suggestions!

Just depends on who wants one, I suppose. Last time I looked at the auction sites they were going for 25 and less, since they are old technology now. If its still working properly, its a fine receiver for analog satellite signals, the problem is, most of the satellite transmissions are now digital. The box can still be used to control a big dish actuator, moving dish around and controlling polarity of the lnb on the dish. Like the old post above said, the shipping can be steep since they are heavy. I have a 550 and a 650 still using them to move my dishes, nice receivers for their time.

I dont suppose there is any way this receiver can view the FTA Digicipher 2 stuff available, is there? Something that can be changed out somehow?

Kodaz

I dont suppose there is any way this receiver can view the FTA Digicipher 2 stuff available, is there? Something that can be changed out somehow?

Kodaz

If it is the typical old analog receiver (and it sounds like it is), no, it's not going to receive DC2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)