General Instruments 2400R HELP!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
I just picked up an old 2400R and a 2000ps antenna positioner, but there is no 6 pin cable with it that I assume would connect the two. I see on the back of the receiver there are ports to connect the ribbon cable from an actuator. So, does one really need the 2000ps or will the 2400R run the actuator by itself..............I absolutely can not find an wiring diagrams or manuals for either one on the net. :(

From Page 22 of the 2400R manual:
With the optional 200PS Power Supply , your 2400 R can control dish movement . Wiring the 2000PS depends on the type of actuator that you have. (the receiver it's self will not work the actuator) Motor wire should be a minumum of 14 gauge. Sensor wire should be shielded 20 gauge. I can't find my cable, it should be around... my 2400R will not work the polorator... I can't scan the manual as my new scanner died and my older one only works with Windows 98, I might set up my old P3 with 98 as I need to scan some stuff anyway next week...

Thanks dfergie. I'll have to try and find a 6pin cable. Fortuantely I don't need mine to work a polarotor, I got one of those dandy bsc621 c/ku lnbf's.

Hey guys,

If you need a copy of the manual for the 2400R, I could scan mine for you.
Just let me know. I use mine to move my FTA PStar dish which I mounted on an old big-dish polar mount with a big dish actuator to move it. Works pretty well. (yes, I impressed myself when I got that to work:)

i know it works with the 2410r , 2500, 2510. it ( The 2000 ps) should also work as a stand alone unit but only to move the dish ( the receiver stores the actual location)

EDIT: added information

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts